DIgital PCI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIgital PCI

Is there a digital PCI card that supports 1600x1200?

LewisEMIller@yahoo.com
    Three is better and BIGGER than one!

In bed as well (so I'm told).

digital PCI? do you mean PCI-X or just a PCI graphics card?

if u want a PCI-X graphics card, AFAIK nobody made one yet (hint-hint Matrox... how about AGP-X 8X )

if u mean a normal PCI card, most of them should do 1600x1200x32bpp...

i.e. Matrox G450 PCI, G200 PCI , Matrox G450/G200 MMS, Radeon 7500 PCI (i think some 3rd party manufacteur did this before), GeForce 2 MX w/PCI interface.

Comment

I guess he means as opposed to that crappy old analog PCI interface which everyone still uses

Seriously, I'm guessing he means a PCI card with a DVI interface that can do 1600x1200.

I don't really know, but the G550 might do what you want, Lewwwis.
      Blah blah blah nick blah blah confusion, blah blah blah blah frog.

Comment

this should do the trick. Though you can probably get it cheaper
        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

I just ordered the G-450 for $100 from CDW. I was told that it will not handle 1600x1200 in the digital domain.
          Three is better and BIGGER than one!

In bed as well (so I'm told).

Comment

GANG!

In a post here: http://www.murc.ws/forums/showthread...threadid=37085

I list two PCI cards that should do the trick (actually, each listed will support four (4) flat panels at 1600x1200 digital signal.

The only Matrox card that supports a 1600x1200 digital signal is Parhelia. All others are limited to 1280x1024.

-[Ch]ams

Comment

I was told that it will not handle 1600x1200 in the digital domain.
              I wonder who told you that? Could it have been... oh, I don't know... maybe... ME!?!?

What the heck are you using digital domain? You need DVI. To run a digital domain, you'll need a Digital DNS (digital domain name system) Server, and they are VERY expensive (like, $20,000 - $50,000). Plus, you'll have to modify your TCP/IP stack to compensate for the DAC, and it will just be a friggin mess--- ASSUMING you can even get the Viewsonics to accept the DNS signal (and I don't think anyone makes a DNS to DVI-D converter cable-- the signals are just that different!).

Maybe you should leave this to the experts, bro!

-[Ch]ams

Comment

Working...
              X