Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Force Five!

Folks,

I will give points to the first person to correctly identify the Engrish (yes, I said Engrish - the translations were POOR back then) names of the five cartoons contained within "Force Five"!

Then bonus points if you can name two other, concurrent Anime that ran in American cartoon timeslots for kids.

I'll think up a good prize. Maybe compromising pics of Lizzie or something.

- Gurm

P.S. JUST KIDDING LIZZIE!
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

I don't have the first idea about what you speak, but Google says...

Danguard Ace
    GaiKing
    Grandizer
    Space Keeters
    Starvengers

Almost looks kinda english, I guess.

Comment

No idea....
      But I have noticed that in the few anime cartoons my kids watch, the bad guys are always dressed in red, white and blue...in some cases, clearly in stars and stripes, plainly portraying the US as evil...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Originally posted by Kruzin
        No idea....
        But I have noticed that in the few anime cartoons my kids watch, the bad guys are always dressed in red, white and blue...in some cases, clearly in stars and stripes, plainly portraying the US as evil...
        Well that explains where Hprat_ gets it from
        Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

Oh Reverend,

So close and yet so far.

It was, in fact... The Spaceketeers. Kinda like "Musketeers".

Only one of them was named "Porkos".

Those were GREAT shows.

No extra credit people?

I've decided to make it more interesting...

When naming the two (there are actually three, but two will suffice) concurrent Anime shows that ran alongside Force Five in my preteen years, you must ALSO name the Japanese Anime from which they were brutally mutated.

- Gurm
          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

Comment

The only anine I remember from my childhood is G force (nothing to do with nvidia).
            They had this spaceship with a sports car in the front, a mini spaceship that could morph into a biplane at the rear, a motorcycle for the girl and some funny car for the kid. The spaceship itself could morph into some sort of phoenix.
            I remember the bad guy was Zoltar, he always had lipstick on and in the end they found out Zoltar was actually a gal.

Comment

Anime Bleh
              [size=1]D3/\/7YCR4CK3R
              Ryzen: Asrock B450M Pro4, Ryzen 5 2600, 16GB G-Skill Ripjaws V Series DDR4 PC4-25600 RAM, 1TB Seagate SATA HD, 256GB myDigital PCIEx4 M.2 SSD, Samsung LI24T350FHNXZA 24" HDMI LED monitor, Klipsch Promedia 4.2 400, Win11
              Home: M1 Mac Mini 8GB 256GB
              Surgery: HP Stream 200-010 Mini Desktop,Intel Celeron 2957U Processor, 6 GB RAM, ADATA 128 GB SSD, Win 10 home ver 22H2
              Frontdesk: Beelink T4 8GB

Comment

Any Macross Fans or Robotech Fans in here?
                Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

SPURM you are retarded. Everyone knows that the only Anime on when you were a kid was the Anime on last week, because you are a retarded child.

Just shut up already, and spare us your LIES!

OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR will surely see your LIES and roast you will flames of death.

Comment

Well GT98 - there's one. Robotech aka Macross.

Another?

Anyone? Two remain.

- Gurm

P.S. Subpar, your days are numbered. I have your IP and it's all going to be over VERY shortly. The strong men in white coats are coming for you to give you your happy pills.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurm
                      Well GT98 - there's one. Robotech aka Macross.

Another?
                      LOL I wasn't even trying

Anyway Robotech first Series is based off Macross and the next two are based off cartoons called Southern Cross and Mosepada Gensis Pit or something along those lines.

The Macross Series is still going strong...they are coming out with a new series/movie in December called Macross Zero and theres Macross Plus, Macross 7 and a couple other titles out there...
                      Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

Comment

Here he comes, here comes Speed Racer, he's a demon on wheels.

Go Speed Racer!
                        Go Speed Racer!
                        Go Speed Racer ... GOOOOooOOOO!

Jammrock
                        “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Actually, IIRC Speed Racer was substantially earlier than Force Five.

I give you partial points, not one of the two I was shooting for.

Comment

Then I would say either Starblazers or Transformers, because those were the only other anime's I remember around that time.

Jammrock
                            “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Ooooh. Starblazers. There we go... now, what's the original Anime?

And the other was NOT Transformers. But it's a toughie.

- Gurm

Comment

Working...
                              X