Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low FPS on 3DMark2001SE Environment Bump Mapping test

Hello!

I'm very happy with my Parhelia. Games are running smooth most of the time (except Mafia in driving scenes) and I'm using FAA-16x with almost every game that I play.

I'm still wondering, what could cause so low FPS on 3DMark2001SE Environment Bump Mapping test. I can get only 87.3 FPS, when most of you people seem to get much higher scores (>100 FPS).

You can look my 3DMark scores here:

I have Asus motherboard, equipped with AliMagik -chipset, which is often considered much slower that eg. VIA KT266A. Could that be one reason or is it something wrong with my Parhelia?

I have AGP-4x enabled in BIOS and AGP Aperture Size is 256 Mb.
    Parhelia is overclocked to 235/600 MHz (core/mem) through pinsfile. I didn't get much improvement when upgrading my RAM (256 Mb PC133 SDRAM -> 512 Mb DDR266).

Are you running the latest 1.90 Ali AGP driver???
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I wasn't sure, so I installed it anyway. I tried both versions of driver (single and integrated). It didn't help. I think I have already had this driver via Windows Update.

Comment

Yeah, it's pretty low alright. You beat me solid in every part of the benchmark, due to your higher clocked cpu, but with ebm I get 137 where you get 87. Can't think of any reason why though, since everything else the way you would expect. Weird.
        Tyan Thunder K7|2x AMD AthlonMP 1.2GHz|4x 512MB reg. ECC|Matrox Parhelia 128|Full specs

Comment

afterburn maybe you could save your PINS file, let Mikko flash his card with it and then redo the tests... could be that answer is hidden in those hexadecimals

Comment

I too get low EMBM scores.

I too have an ALi Magik chipset (with the latest AGP drivers). No access in BIOS to AGP aperture size. Parhelia is at retail speeds.

Spot any links? Unfortunately not a lot we can do I guess - there must be something wierd about this particular chipset. 1 test in 1 benchmark is not too much to worry about, but at least we have a good idea what is causing it.

gnep
            DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
            X