Did they get the sniper ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did they get the sniper ???

I'm at work so no TV here, any info about the guy the police caught in the white van ?

Events sure seem to be moving.

After the van was busted (2 arrested) Chief Moose (head of the task force) came out and seemed to be talking to the sniper, telling him to basically "give me a call", which indicates that if these two are connected to the sniping they are not the entire package.

Reports are that the driver made a call discribed by police as "relevent to the DC shootings". Hmmm.....

Developing bigtime....

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2002, 08:00.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

i heard the sniper is french.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
        –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

All that's for sure is that there is an AWOL French "marksman" of Yugoslav origin in north america. It's connection to this is speculative.

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2002, 08:05.
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by thop
            i heard the sniper is french.
            I can just imagine the taunts towards french people if they find out that the shooter is french.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

No more than they have been getting here over the UN business.

Respect for the French here in the US is virtually non-existant. Most people here look on them as self-serving elitists whose principles are somewhat "flexible"

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2002, 08:24.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
                No more than they have been getting here over the UN business.

Respect for the French here in the US is virtually non-existant. Most people here look on them as self-serving elitists whose principles are somewhat "flexible"

Dr. Mordrid
                What's new ?

On a side note - I hold French citizenship.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid

Dr. Mordrid
                  You mean French as in France not french as is french-canadian right?

Comment

Did they say French Canadian? Noooooo
                    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
                      Did they say French Canadian? Noooooo
                      Hey! That's not fair.

Comment

Well the thought was, in certain circles, that the sniper was of military background, most likely with special training. In contrast to what most of the TV stations are saying, not just anyone could have made these shots with the accuracy and distance that they were made with. It's possible that the sniper is the Frenchman, but it is more likely a marine.
                        “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Well, turns out the two guys they busted... weren't the sniper. Just dumb luck in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And yeah, military experts think that the sniper has had training - perhaps someone who either dropped out, flunked out, or was discharged from sniper school.

Then again, LOTS of places other than the USMC train snipers. *shrug*

- Gurm
                          The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
                          If only life were as easy as you
                          I would still get screwed

Comment

Well the theory about the sniper being a marine have to do with the recent events surrounding certain personel at Ft. Bragg. And yes, it could be someone with sniper training from any number of places, or it could just be some slightly off balance good ol' boy with hawk eyes and a steady finger.

You're gonna get a cramp if you keep doing that, *shrug*
                            “And, remember: there's no 'I' in 'irony'” ~ Merlin Mann

Comment

Nah Zokes, French Canadians are hated for entirely different reasons.
                              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Working...
                              X