Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opera displays one image incorrectly...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera displays one image incorrectly...?

A couple of days ago, my Opera gave me this strange problem on the forum. In a message-thread, there are icons below each message; one of them is a "buddy"-icon. This icon has now been replaced with the "dangermouse"-logo (one of the users here has this as an avatar).

Reloading the page does not help, clicking the image to reload it doesn't, rebooting, ...

I am a bit reluctant to clear my cache, as I fear the Opera-reload problem on this forum might occur when I do that.

Any thoughts on how to get this image to display correctly ?
    (I thought about deleting only this image from the cache, but I would need to know what name the image has in the cache of my system)

Jörg
    pixar
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die tomorrow. (James Dean)

Remove buddy.gif from the cache.

Comment

The cached images have a different name, e.g.:
      opr0CJKY.gif

As there is quite a number of images, I don't know which one is the buddy.gif image. And most images are 1 KB, so limiting the search to the files with a certain name still yields a huge number of files...

Jörg
      pixar

Comment

it is probably safe if you remove all those pictures.

Comment

Yes, I'll try that, just wanted to check if there was no "safer" solution...

Thanks...

Jörg
          pixar

Comment

Well, problem is solved, and Opera still seems to be running nicely...
            (guess I was a bit too paranoid here )

Any thoughts on what might have caused this ? And why right-click on an image and selecting reload doesn't help ?

Thanks,

Jörg
            pixar

Comment

Working...
            X