Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

North Korea and Iran sleeping in the same bed ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Korea and Iran sleeping in the same bed ?

According to local news, it seems that North Korea is using Iran to secretly (not anymore) produce enriched Unranium.
    In return, North Korea is helping Iran with long range rocket engines for their missiles.
    It appears that the North Korean centrifuges in Iran are already operational.
    North Korea has already tested a missile in Iran (estimated range is between 3500 and 5000km) on which the Iranians are planning their Shihab 5 missile. North Korea has helped Sirya starting an extender range scud missile production line.
    North Korea also has/had business with Egypt and Libia.

Iran really bothers you, doesn't it. I can understand why.

But don't believe everything you hear/read. Don't get me wrong I'm not Hpar_. Never the less news are always the best way too create a favorable public view. This past year I have found myself digging deeper into a subject than usual before I decide to form an opinion on the matter. It's not enough to just read the headlines, if you get what I mean.

I feel I need to put everything much more into context than I needed to do a couple of years ago. Maturity I guess.

Comment

When you live in Isreal...everything in the Middle East scares you.

Jammrock
      “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
      –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Hence the "I can understand why".

I should have been more clear.

Comment

I'm not THAT worried about Iran on a personal level. Sirya worries me much much more.
          The worrying thing is that this information proves in a way the 'evil axis' theory.

Now, if we eliminate the name 'evil axis' and look for some other meaningfull name like... non-legitimated countries ? Rest-of-the-world-countries, etc.

Seems like while the 'top' countries play and struggle between themselves in the U.N and other places, while they make cometees about the future of the 'world' and 'humanity (this kind of vanity reminds me shomwhat of Spain and Portugal deviding th whole world between themselves), there are some lesser/sub 'powers' working together to bring a new missile/nuclear crisis to the world.
          The axis was the big evil in WWII, then the U.S.S.R and the commies, now BIG RED CHINA is some kind of a threat, Afganista, Al Qaeda...
          While in a way, under the nose of the west, a new pact was made. If till now it was Nato vs. Warsaw, there's a new player in the field. A player that will soon hold the militart force of the Warsaw pact while playing the terrorist game as well.

Sometimes I have thoughts of leaving the struggle here in Israel and moving to another country. But this propably means I'll have to integrate into a new society, be less Jew in order to keep low profile and know that my family will be just as any other resident in this new country in a few years.
          Honestly, I don't like this idea at all. I like being an Israeli Jew and I like thinking my kids will be that way too. I like to think that each and every country will be culturally different so we'll still have reason to visit other places and see 'strange' people and things.
          If we go back to the most basic parameter though - survival, it now seems that this planet as a whole isn't safe anymore. Except maybe unless I move to Antartica to live with the penguins.

Let's face it, there are wars and struggles all over the planet. Israel is fighting the Palestinians and struggling with some other neighbours. What does Iran has do do with it ? What does Iran and some other countries have to do against the U.S.A which is on a different continent ???
          Next thing Iran will sponsor conflicts in Belfast...
          All those countries hating globalization, are now giving us a new kind of globalization, globalized terror.
          People die the exact same way and by people with the same motive and propably the same funding in Tel Aviv, Bali, Moscow etc. This worries me, on a personal and global way.

Comment

If you you dig in you will find a lot of answers Dogbert. On the issue why Iran considers US to be the "Great Satan", and why all muslims do feel a connection to eachother even though they live in different corners of the world, and so on and so forth. If all of us tried to understand eachother, see through eachothers eyes (dig in and study your foes if you will) the world would be a better place (did I just type that!?!). I know this won't happen, especially when you consider that a very high %'age of the people in most of these countries can't read or write...

Don't bother to remember this, it's just the dissillusioned Novdid speaking here.

Comment

Heh, religion did so many things for this world...

It united people - who turned against other people.
              It brough morals - which were abused.

Religion was such a beautiful gift which was ruined.

Comment

You're confusing faith & religion.

We were given faith in the word, which then was then perverted by false prophets. We were warned about them, but many didn't listen.

Also: lets not forget that Iraq and others have been getting tech from the North Koreans, so who knows how far out of the lamp the nuclear genie is?

Dr. Mordrid
                Dr. Mordrid
                ----------------------------
                An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Originally posted by Jammrock
                  When you live in Isreal...everything in the Middle East scares you.

Jammrock
                  not just israil... when the midle east is concerned
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

wahahahahahahahaha...

i havent laghought this much since that last incident with a defrosted pigion on the anilmal chanale .......
                    "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Out of curiosity would anyone object if Turkey developed nuclear weapons and long range missile technology?

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                        Out of curiosity would anyone object if Turkey developed nuclear weapons and long range missile technology?
                        Probably not as Turkey aren't considered the bad guys at the moment. We'd probably sell them bits until something goes wrong.

Novdid understanding goes both ways it's very hard to understand someone when they won't talk to you.
                        Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                        Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                          Honestly, everybody needs both Nuclear and missile technology.
                          For electricity, medicine and sending stuff to space (comminication, research etc.)

Weapons ? What do weapons have to do with it ?

Comment

Was the first missile and nuclear device used for the advancement of the human race?

Comment

There hasn't been a nuclear device delivered by missile in the history of war. Both Little Boy and Fat Man were delivered by B-29 manned bombers. Trinity was blown off at the top of a tower in the Nevada test range.

That said; I think that the progeny of those who otherwise would have died in a full scale invasion of the Japanese mainland are alive today says yes, the case could be made that ending the war early with nukes actually saved many lives and bloodlines in the long term.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 21 October 2002, 14:08.
                              Dr. Mordrid
                              ----------------------------
                              An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Working...
                              X