Cable movies...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cable movies...

Tonight I spent watching some movies on cable and ran into a triplet that stuck me as rather good. Anyone else have opionions on these;

1. Citizen X; the manhunt for Andrei Chikatilo, the prolific Russian serial killer known as "The Rostov Ripper". Steven Rae, Donald Sutherland. Strength: the whole cast, but esp. Rea and Sutherland. Weakness: what weakness? EXCELLENT.

2. Oxygen; a troubled detective (Maura Tierney) hunts a psycho kidnapper/killer (Adrien Brody). Weak in spots (middle of fugitive chase early in the film), but overall quite a good little thriller. Strength: interaction between Tierney and Brody. Weakness: the middle of that chase scene.

3. Angel Eyes; a tough female cop (Jennifer Lopez) falls in love with an enigmatic man (Jim Caviezel) with secrets. Also weak in spots, but good. Strength: Jennifer Lopez's strong performance. Weakness: Jim Caviezel still thinks he's in "Play it Forward".

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 October 2002, 23:32.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

The Citizen X thing sounds cool. I've always been fasinated with the Jack the RIpper case myself.

Jammrock
    “Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
    –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

Working...
    X