Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes it DOES take a Rocket Scientist!!

Scientists at NASA built a gun specifically to launch dead chickens at the windshields of airliners, military jets and the space shuttle, all traveling at maximum velocity.

The idea was to simulate the frequent incidents of collisions with
    airborne fowl to test the strength of the windshields. British engineers heard about the gun and were eager to test it on the windshields of their newhigh-speed trains. Arrangements were made, and a gun was sent to the British engineers.

When the gun was fired, the, engineers stood shocked as the chicken hurled out of the barrel, crashed into the shatterproof shield, smashed it to smithereens, blasted through the control console, snapped the engineer's backrest in two and embedded itself in the back wall of the cabin, like an arrow shot from a bow.

The horrified Brits sent NASA the disastrous results of the experiment along with the designs of the windshield and begged the US scientists for suggestions.

NASA responded with a one-line memo: "Defrost the chicken."

Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

bwhahahahahaha,
    thanks I needed a laugh this morning
    Juu nin to iro

English doesn't borrow from other languages. It follows them down dark alleys, knocks them over, and goes through their pockets for loose grammar.

Comment

Comment

ROFLROFLROFL.....

Almost (but not quite) as funny as the turkey-drop episode of "WKRP in Cincinatti"

That one could cause a loss of bladder control

Dr. Mordrid
        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 20 October 2002, 18:32.
        Dr. Mordrid
        ----------------------------
        An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hehe. Hadn't heard that one in a while.

Comment

Great one....
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

I got this one last week, but the "NASA" and "Brits" were transposed......
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

I keep coming back to this thread to see GT98's avatar!

Comment

I actually heard a story similar to this that really happened. My friend's dad works for pratt & whitney, and they were doing almost this exact test (firing a chicken into an engine instead of a windscreen). They set everything up properly, with a proper sized (and properly defrosted) chicken. Then they went to lunch. When they got back, they fired up the high-speed camera, and pulled the trigger.

BOOM!

The engine exploded in a huge fireball. Everyone was quite shocked, as the engine is supposed to handle this without much drama. When they got the film back, they realized what happened.

Apparently, while they were at lunch, a hungry stray cat climbed into the cannon and started to feast on the chicken. I guess jet engines can't handle a 15lb cat as well as a 5 lb chicken
                  Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Purrfect.
                    Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
                    Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

(worst case senerio) When Pigs fly...
                      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

HA! HA, Ha, ha!

J1NG

Comment

agallag, that's so funnu it's unbearable!!!

Comment

ROFLMAO!!!

Jammrock - who is now working on making a 'Bunny Gun'

“Inside every sane person there’s a madman struggling to get out”
                            –The Light Fantastic, Terry Pratchett

Comment

roflmao
                              -Slougi

Comment

Working...
                              X