Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT2000 capture problems

System spec

W2K SP2 MVT3.1 Athlon Xp2100 512Mb DDR, 40Gb ATA 100 system drive, 120 Gb ATA 100 AV drive, Turtle Beach Santa Cruz.

JVC SHVS Video recorder
    Pioneer A104 as slave to C:

All drives ar running in Ultra DMA Mode and device manager is showing no problems

The Matrox disk benchmark utility shows all drives are up to the job.

Problem is that when I try to record from an analog source from the video recorder I get an error message reporting dropped frames after anything from 20 seconds to 5 minutes and the capture stops automatically.

This only happens when trying to capture from video tape and I if use the TV tuner of the VCR the RT captures fine all day long.

I thought it might be a dodgy tape but it happens with a pre recorder tape, a SVHS tape I recorded from the tuner and also from a VHS tape.

I am capturing to Matrox DV via premier 6.02 via the SVHS output

Any suggestions guys 'n gals

Regards

Pooh
    ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Mainboard & BIOS version? Slot assignments for the cards?

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Hi Doc

I thought about the MOBO type as I've got an ABIT KG7 ( Via chipset )

Having said that I have been meaning to get rid of it for some time now. I went and bought a ECS K7S5A ( £45) yesterday and plumbed it in last night.

The problem still occurs with this particular video tape. As the dropped frames error seems to appear at the same points in the video tape I am pretty sure that the source video quality is to blame.

I wouldn't really bother but the video in question is our wedding video from 15 years ago and it would be a politically suicidal move to scrap it.

If this is the case is there anything I can do to "smooth" the signal out before the RT2K gets it hands on it

What I am trying to do is to copy it in and then burn it to DVD.
      ASUS P4S533, P4 2.53Ghz, 1.25Gb PC2700, 40Gb System HD 120Gb AV HD, WinXp Pro

Comment

Don`t know if it`s any help, but.
        I capture 2nd generation vhs, thru svhs, into rt2500, with tapes up to 23years old, My deck is a JVC 9500, with built in TBC, if switched out causes almost same problems, but if switched in, almost perfect, given source. ABIT bx133 Raid, drives on motherboard.

Best Wishes.

Peter.

Comment

Working...
        X