Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why blurry vids? could someone tell me what todo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why blurry vids? could someone tell me what todo?

When i capturing i do like this:

1. capture with avi_io at 352*288 pal 25fps
    with the built in mjpeg in marvel g400

2. put it in adobe premier 5.1c for editing,
    then i simply encode it using the plugin for adobe (panasonic plugin)

is there any settings that i should do in like adobe premier when editing or in the settings for the mpg1 plugin?
    that could help me get rid of these blurry vids?

it seems like it is only when there is something: ex people like a little far away on the movie it gets blurry, on closeups and stuff it wont get blurry

and one moore thing, the mjpeg file is perfect. its just the mpg1 that gets a little shitty

i have like this:
    VIDC.dmb1=RRicm.dll
    vidc.MJPG=Pvmjpg20.dll

in my system.ini file.
    someone told me that i could try changing something with them, maybe that could help, but iheavent got an answer on howto =))

Fredrik

Try using a different MPEG encoder. The freeware bbMPEG or TMPGEnc encoders give very good results - but are indeed slow.

I capture full resolution and highest datarate to ensure the 'best' quality input for encoding. I use TMPGEnc to create VCD compliant .mpg files, burn them with NERO 5 and play them on my Philips DVD711. They look as good as VCR on my TV. If you are creating MPEGs for playback on PC then you can use higher MPEG bitrates to get better quality.

Check that your source tape doesn't have any video noise on it (e.g. recorded in low-light conditions / poor quality tape) Any video noise as input to an MPEG encoder spells death for quality.
    Phil
    AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Phil Pugh:
      Those encoders that youre talkin about, is that plugins for adobe or standalones?
      btw, the source i have is digital (digital parabo) so it shouldnt be that much noise and stuff from it. Those avi`s that i made is very good quality to, so ill guess its maybe because of the encoder im using, but i really have to use an adobe plugin since that is where i edit my vids. Or do you have any tips for me?

Comment

Phil pugh: Btw, where can i get those encoders youre a talkin about?

Comment

Wiken,

Even if you are doing digital captures (I use a RAPTOR most of the time now) you can still get noise on the video caused by low light conditions.

You can get TMPGEnc from
          http://www.jamsoft.com/tmpgenc/

be sure to load the executable and the english language patch (unless you speak Japanese).

On this page you will also find the link to bbMPEG.

I use TMPGEnc all the time now (but bbMPEG is useful if you want to create SVCDs).
          Phil
          AMD XP 1600+ ,MSI K7TPro2-RU, 512Mb, 20Gb System, 40Gb RAID0 , HP 9110 CD-RW, Pioneer DVD/CD, Windows 2000 Pro SP2, ATI RADEON 7000, Agere OHCI 1394, DX8.1, MSP 6.5, Midiman USB AudioSport Quattro (4 channel 24bit/96Khz sound unit)

Comment

Ah!

I noticed a new version of TMPGenc on the site above (beta 12) it seems to have SVCD profiles in it - I will be trying them out very soon.
            Phil

Comment

Phil pugh: but howto prevent blurry vids? or is it an easy way to sharpen those videos in either adobe premiere or virtualdub?

please tell me how :P

Comment

Working...
              X