Dead G400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dead G400

Hi guys, I used for a long time a G400 32 Mb on a PcChips M726 (slot1 + s370) and all was good, then I installed it on a Gigabyte GA-6VXE7+ (s370) and now there's no video signal, but the computer starts anyway with the normal bip. Maybe a different AGP voltage? Maybe the 74f125 damaged on G400?
    Thanks in advance

Do you have the 2x or 4x AGP G400?

Comment

Just in case you don't know how to tell between the two, look at the product serial number located on a sticker on the backside of your G400... The serial starts with a "G4+". If the serial contains a "4A" then your card is AGP 4x, otherwise it is an early G400 only capable of AGP 2x.

Have you updated to the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Edit: From GigaByte's pages I found out that this board supports GigaByte's own GA-MG400 card. It's an mutilated OEM Matrox G400 card that incorporates the display adapter BIOS into the mainboard BIOS. That could cause problems...

Comment

Hope that Gigabyte mobo doesn't overwrite the Matrox G400 bios with the one for their own G400 model.

Comment

Sorry, it's an AGP 4x card. Sorry again... I'm fortunate... I tried it on a different Gigabyte mobo (with agp 4X) and the G400 is working fine.

Thanks
          Last edited by Deso; 20 October 2002, 13:04.

Comment

Working...
          X