Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Stupidities

Stupid Tech Support Stories

This reminds me of a local ISP I used to have. I was unable to connect anymore, so I called them. They told me they had changed the access number without even telling me. I asked them how I was supposed to know this, and they responded: "We sent you an email right after we changed the number, sir."

Comment

Have read that site for over three years now

ARGHHH.......
      Just found this:
      My boyfriend and I were shopping for computers and mistakenly wandered into a chain store. While we were looking at a system, a salesman raced over.

* Salesman: "So, you're looking for a computer, eh? Well, this is your CPU, which is to say, your hard disk...."
      I hate when stupid people says that a Computer is a harddrive
      Last edited by Technoid; 19 October 2002, 08:54.
      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

yeh i remember reading some of this stuf....
        "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

When I was in college, I needed to connect to the school's network from my own computer in my dorm room. I knew there was a dial-up number that would allow me to log in and run limited commands. All I needed to know was the number. So I called the help desk.

Me: "I'm trying to access the University's network from my computer in my dorm room. Can you help me?"
          Help Desk: "Which lab are you in?"
          Me: "I'm not in a lab. I'm in my room."
          Help Desk: "Then you're not on the network."
          Me: "But I want to connect over the phone line. What number do I need to dial?"
          Help Desk: "You need to call [phone number of help desk]."
          Me: "No, that's your phone number. I need a dial-up number for the computer."
          Help Desk: "I don't understand. What are you trying to do?"
          Me: "I want to connect my computer to the school's network through the dial-up."
          Help Desk: "Why don't you use a computer in the lab?"
          Me: "That would defeat the purpose of having a computer in my room."
          Help Desk: "Well, your computer is not connected to the school network."
          Me: "I know! I want to use my modem to connect."
          Help Desk: "What's a modem?"
          Me: "Never mind."
          I use to work with people this stupid. Having just started I kept getting calls from the main lab for basic questions. Once I was on the bad side of this though. Someone came in and asked me how to get onto the Internet. At the time, all I had known about was Gopher and email.

Comment

Working...
          X