No Frame advance in source window with M.S.Pro 6/RRG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Frame advance in source window with M.S.Pro 6/RRG

Hi i have just got msp6 and have just started to play with it.And am dismayed to see that when i try to use frame advance in the source window the screen goes black though the preveiw window works fine. This exactly the same problem i have with premiere5.1 .The main reason i changed to mspro 6 (to be able to use the source window for precise edits) so i am bloody anoyed . I
    am hoping this is a config problem as i was told there would be no compatability problems.So if someone can help i will be a happy chappy again as i said i have just started using it so there might be a simple
    solution.I have upgraded with suplied media player ect and have made the recomended changes to the ulead32.ini i am using picvideo 2 codec.
    Sys is win98-5.41 pd-152 vt-cel300a@450-
    128m ram-bh6 mb-
    g400 32/rr

I have the same problems with the G400 using MJPEG dmb1 codec. I have asked several times if anyone else has the same problem and it seems that it is common. I tried every .ini setting and PD I could think of. the only thing that I came up with was setting your desktop to 24 bit. With the g400 I can't capture with it and it won't play back to the TV output (lack of alpha channel in 24 bit), but if I disable DVDMax output and use the dual display, extending my desktop to the TV, at 16 bit with the monitor at 24 bit and then putting the Preview window on the TV monitor and adjust the window size. It works pretty good. It isn't as nice as having the full screen video, but it works reliably. After you setup your layout, save it under File, layout template and any time it messes up, reload it. Hopefully this is just a temporary measure.
    WinXP Pro SP2 ABIT IC7 Intel P4 3.0E 1024M Corsair PC3200 DCDDR ATI AIW x800XT 2 Samsung SV1204H 120G HDs AudioTrak Prodigy 7.1 3Com NIC Cendyne DVR-105 DVD burner LG DVD/CD-RW burner Fortron FSP-300-60ATV PSU Cooled by Zalman Altec Lansing MX-5021

Comment

I only briefly played around with it once I got MSP 6 to work, but I seem to recall also having this problem with my Mill2/RR-S combination.

As Jeff has already stated in earlier threads, MSP 6 is NO better than MSP 5.2 unless one is using DV. I'm not using DV at this point, so for me MSP 6 is hardly worthwhile struggling with.

Comment

Same problem here using a Mystique and RRS. Works ok if files are in Cinepack but not in Matrox MJPEG. I am told that this was picked up in the beta trials but has not been fixed. 6.01??
        paulw

Comment

Thanks for the input guys i shall try the 24bit setting and if i can use it be thankfull for small mercies (very bloody small).Since joining the digital editing juggernaut the and getting bitten by the iomega buz debacle then changing to rrg. The only sure thing ive found is that you are
          promised miracles and end up pulling your hair out. Being the cynical bugger i am i am sure most of the anoying problems that prevade the budget end of the market could be fixed.But in the glorious tradition of corparate mentality they figure if you are
          anoyed long enough you will go out and BUY more expensive stuff.Though the gear you have already PAYED for is all you need .If it worked like the marketers told it would.

Comment

Hi!

I've had this problem too, but I found that if I open up the capture program and then open up the codec (overlay option). Load up the videoeditor and then the problem disapears. It's seem that working this way also takes down the "access time" everytime
            you change your clips.

Hope this helps.......
            /Mr. Smultronsvin

Comment

Thanks smultronsvin you are a living legend
              does it help ? is the pope catholic? yesssssssssssssssssss.How did you dicover this by perserverence or by accident? thanks again man i can now use mspro6 the way it was intended to be used.May the digital editing gods shine on you for ever more

Comment

Seems i got a bit to excited before (forgot to take my valium}.When i checked it i didnt check the tv out there is none while capture/overlay is running.So you have to restart v.editor to get tv out(bummer}. Still at least i can use source window to trim clips .I thought it was to good to be true hope there is a fix soon.Talking of fixes when i was having my iomega buz nightmare there was a lot of endusers writing patches and fixes not so many with rr.I am just wondering why ?lets hope their is a smart programer out there who can fix this.(the only programing i can do is the
                timer on my vcr}

Comment

Can you expand on the technical explanation. for the G400TV. And would this pose a problem with a MPEG2 capture device like Dazzle digital video creator? This device captures real MPEG2 video. But as stated before I also have the G400TV card.You will have to bear with me, I'am still on the learning curve in this area.
                  Thanks
                  DouglasTexas
                  sys setup
                  600PIII
                  G400TV
                  256 rambus
                  Hollywood DVD
                  Asus P3c2000 820 chip set motherboard
                  2-Ultra DMA 66 IBM 7200 RPM 34.5 GIG Hard drives
                  HP-CDRW 7200i
                  2-Viewsonic PF790 monitors 19"
                  Dazzle Digital Video Creator/Capture MPEG2 and MP3 and PCM-Wave
                  And on order Panasonic DVD-CDRW
                  Just ordered MSP6 today

Comment

Hmmm.... I mentioned that technique not long ago for spying on fields. Seems that Video Capture takes over the hardware, and makes the software handle the decoding into the source window.

The direct advantage is that you don't have to wait for the hardware to be initialized. The only disadvantages are that you can't see what you're working with on a TV, and if you have your source window not set at a multiple of 120, weird field stuff shows up.

Comment

I have also a rainbow runner studio.
                      When I wanna preview my project I get an error message It say something like problem with multiple files!

I don't know what that means

Comment

I am using Marvel G200 and 5.1c
                        and experiencing same problem.

When I advance or reverse a frame the clip dissapears from source window.

I have switched to 24 bit colour and the source window works OK . However the preview window does not function correctly.

Have you found a soulution to this problem??

john

Comment

Open up another MJPEG video file on the side before you start up MSP. Easy as that, problems gone.

Comment

Try adding the following to your ulead32.ini file.

[HardwareAcc]
                            AviPlayEngineMCI=1

paulw

Comment

Working...
                            X