New Ulead MEDIASTUDIO Render Test Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ulead MEDIASTUDIO Render Test Winner

I just finished testing my recently re-built, FASTEST home system, WHICH RUNS ON AN AMD ATHLON XP2000+.

It's an ASUS A7N266 motherboard with the NForce 420 chipset and 1gb of PC2100 DDR memory.

I downloaded Terry's MediaStudio Pro project file from this Web page:

My DV render time was 5:12, which appears to be the fastest time on the board so far.

My MPEG render time was 5:34, which also appears to be the fastest on the board.

I'm using Ulead MediaStudio Pro 6.51a on Windows 2000.

Jerry Jones
    I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
    Last edited by Jerry Jones; 18 October 2002, 07:45.

I've edited the above post to include the fact I was using an AMD Athlon XP2000+ processor (1.67ghz).

Jerry Jones

Comment

Jerry,

Unfortunately your run at the top was short lived! Bob's P4 2400 (scores just submitted) has reclaimed the crown for Intel. The combination of 2400MHz, 533MHz fsb, and 400MHz memory really did a number on the tests.

I think it's going to take an XP 2400+ for AMD to take it back.
      - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

I expected somebody to knock me off... but not that soon!

:-)

Anyway, I think it's interesting that it takes an Intel P4 running at 2.4ghz to beat an AMD Athlon XP2000+ running at 1.67ghz.

Here's the breakdown:

Intel 2.4ghz: 5:09
        AMD 1.67ghz: 5:12

(The above is for DV rendering)

Intel 2.4ghz: 4:56
        AMD 1.67ghz: 5:34

(The above is for MPEG encoding)

Jerry Jones

Jerry Jones

Comment

Yes, it did take 700MHz to do it.
          - Mark

Core 2 Duo E6400 o/c 3.2GHz - Asus P5B Deluxe - 2048MB Corsair Twinx 6400C4 - ATI AIW X1900 - Seagate 7200.10 SATA 320GB primary - Western Digital SE16 SATA 320GB secondary - Samsung SATA Lightscribe DVD/CDRW- Midiland 4100 Speakers - Presonus Firepod - Dell FP2001 20" LCD - Windows XP Home

Comment

My latest (but not posted yet);

DV: 5:29
            MPEG-2: 5:21

MSPro 6.51a (latest build)

MSI 745 Ultra (SiS 745)
            AthlonXP 2000+
            1024 megs DDR333
            Windows2000 SP-2

Dr. Mordrid
            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 18 October 2002, 13:36.
            Dr. Mordrid
            ----------------------------
            An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

Not really surpricing with the P4's piss poor IPC

Intel are basicly doing the same now as Cyrix did then
              If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

That 2.4 could be a 1.8A @133Mhz or a 1.6A @ 150Mhz. In that light the cost would be pretty close. But your point is well taken as to the performance of the Athlon chips. That is a very big statement for AMD.

The 1.6A I have will knock out the DV render in 5:03 if I dial it up to 150Mhz for the 2.399Mhz rating. I would do a Mpeg2 render but I am still using MediaStudio 6.02 and do not have the DVD-Plugin.
                Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

Doc - Sorry about that, your score is posted.

That 2.4B is actually a real 2.4, not overclocked. You'll notice he is running an Intel motherboard, no o/c available. In addition, I got some more info from him and his memory is running at 266Mhz.
                  - Mark

Comment

Premiere 6.5 render test using the built-in MainConcept encoder for direct comparison to MSPro 6.51a;

DV 13:46
                    MPEG-2 (5500 kbps CBR): 13.57

MSI 745 Ultra
                    SiS 745
                    AMD AthlonXP 2000+
                    1024 megs DDR333

No RT.X100 hardware involved, but had to re-link the title file.

Dr. Mordrid
                    Dr. Mordrid
                    ----------------------------
                    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

I suspect ULEAD MediaStudio Pro's speed advantage over ADOBE Premiere is going to increase significantly.

Jerry Jones

Comment

Has anybody done a comparison in rendering speed (DV format) between 6.02 and 6.51a? I read about the Mpeg2 speeds improving with the latest patch. I am wondering if the DV renders improved as well.

I am still happily plunking along with 6.02 but if the speed of renders is greatly improved I would be willing to bite the $99 bullet to upgrade.

Then again I could just borrow a friends copy to see for myself. We'll see how much time I have this weekend, and how much of a "Pal" my friend is.
                        Perspective cannot be taught. It must be learned.

Comment

By looking at the table it seems as though the DV rendering speed doesn't increase much moving from 6.01 to 6.5 to 6.51a.
                          - Mark

Comment

Working...
                          X