Ever want to kill your own kid? :-P

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever want to kill your own kid? :-P

The other day my wife and I went to a carpentry expo to check out the new tools & toyz.

While we were gone someone broke in a bedroom window and $3000 worth of DVD's, PS/2 games & a Panasonic DV camcorder went out the front door. My 20 y/o son went out for a few hours and locked the house up as he should, but he forgot to let the dogs back in the house before he left

If Wags (85 lb. german shepard) & Spike (110 lb. Rhodesian ridgeback/rottweiler mix) had been in the house it would have been time to pull out the garbage bags & the Shop-Vac

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 October 2002, 11:42.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Ouch!! I feel for you!

I would have loved to see the posts had the dogs been in the house!

Sorry to hear of your loss...Damn people suck!
    "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Fortunately we have replacement homeowners insurance, so the losses will be limited to our deductable (which is still more than I care to spend).

I agree: it would have been interesting to see what "the boys" would have done with 'em. The last time we had a door forced the chain stopped it long enough for the dogs to get there.

They must have arrived as the perp was trying to reach in to remove the chain because we found almost a whole unit of blood on the landing.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sorry to hear Doc

Whoever broke in most likely knows you or more specifically your son.

Burn the little bastards
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

It could have been planned. Someone eager to get your stuff could have waited until someone forgot to put the dogs back in and when it's "safe" to go that's when they make their move.

Edit: My condolences too, Doc.
          Last edited by ZokesPro; 17 October 2002, 13:11.
          Titanium is the new bling!
          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Sorry to hear the Doc.
            I'm surprised you didn't sued for the dogs having breakfast the prevous time. That happened to a friend of mine when a Burgler got rather chewed by his mothers Rottweiler. Still if my mate had caught he would have thought the Rottweiler was a better choice.
            Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
            Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Atleast the Testbed system 1 wasn't touched.
              Last edited by RC Agent; 17 October 2002, 14:30.
              RC Agent
              AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
              AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
              AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Probably tried, but didn't like the weight of carying all that hardware.

Condolences on the theft Doc, I know the feeling.

J1NG

Comment

sory to hear that doc.
                  "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by The PIT
                    Sorry to hear the Doc.
                    I'm surprised you didn't sued for the dogs having breakfast the prevous time. That happened to a friend of mine when a Burgler got rather chewed by his mothers Rottweiler. Still if my mate had caught he would have thought the Rottweiler was a better choice.
                    Here the onus is on the perp. If he breaks and enters then gets injured in the process it's just too bad.

If I were home and he had a weapon (which could be defined as anything from a pocket knife or screwdriver to a hammer) I'd have been justified in shooting him with my 12 ga. shotgun (most often loaded with ~20 pellets of 00 buckshot), so he got better treatment from the dogs.

Would I? If I thought he presented the least bit of a danger he'd be toast....

Dr. Mordrid
                    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 17 October 2002, 20:01.
                    Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Sorry about the theft

Mayby if your lucky they'l come back

And you can give them a warm welcome
                      If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Sorry to hear about the theft. Even if you do have insurance it's still the thought that your privacy was violated like that that is hard get over.

And it is a sad day when a criminal can sue for getting hurt while in the process of committing a criminal act. I heard a case once where a burgular was trying to sue a homeowner for a broken leg he incured. Seems he tripped over a piece of furniture when he tried to run because the homeowner came home unexpectatly. I don't think he won but it's just the fact that the courts even allowed the suit to be filed. So basically the homeowner got victimized twice.

Joel
                        Libertarian is still the way to go if we truly want a real change.

www.lp.org

System Specs: AMD XP2000+ @1.68GHz(12.5x133), ASUS A7V133-C, 512MB PC133, Matrox Parhelia 128MB, SB Live! 5.1.
                        Monitor: Cornerstone c1025 @ 1280x960 @85Hz.

Comment

I can't understand this...where do you usually keep your dogs? Do you simply close them in a box when you don't need them?
                          Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

No, If I am not mistaken, they were in the back yard.
                            "I dream of a better world where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned."

Comment

Yup....my 20 year old (hence the title of this thread) let them out becore leaving the house (after we left).

Normally they are free to roam the house while we're gone.

Dr. Mordrid
                              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                              X