Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to underclock pathelia?

Hi,

I know it might sound strange, but I'm looking for a safe way to UNDERclock my parhelia. My PSU is only 300wats and I've got 3 PCI cards plus a shit USB ADSL modem (alcatel speedtouch) which gets the power exclusively from the USB port.

Right know I mainly use the parhelia for programming, watch DVDs and play to UT2k3 and MOHAA. And I don't need that crazy 100fps to play, with 30fps is ok for me.

So I was thinking that if I can underclock the GPU it might run more stable with my PSU, until I can save some money to buy a new one.

Will it work?
    Do I have to use the "Bios Hack"?
    Can it be done using the MTSTU util?

cheers, Ivan
    <font face="verdana, arial, helvetica" size="1" >epox 8RDA+ running an Athlon XP 1600+ @ 1.7Ghz with 2x256mb Crucial PC2700, an Adaptec 1200A IDE-Raid with 2x WD 7200rpm 40Gb striped + a 120Gb and a 20Gb Seagate, 2x 17" LG Flatron 775FT, a Cordless Logitech Trackman wheel and a <b>banding enhanced</b> Matrox Parhelia 128 retail shining thru a Koolance PC601-Blue case window<br>and for God's sake pay my <a href="http://www.drslump.biz">site</a> a visit!</font>

I don't think it will help you. The P isn't taking that much power. 300W is probably enough for what you have, but if the PS is low quality, then it's going to be giving crappy signals to the whole machine, and there's not much you can do to the other components to compensate.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

pathelia - a freudian slip if i ever saw one.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
      X