NOLF2 and FAA16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOLF2 and FAA16

I got a NOLF2 on saturday (Game Kicks ass BTW) and I've noticed that the game seems to get slower as it goes on (FPS) when FAA16 is enabled for it. I'm using the lastest beta drivers and was wondering if anyone else has experanced this. I also had it with the demo verison with the older drivers. I haven't started up fraps with FAA16 on and off, but I'll try that later today.
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

I never bothered with FAA. I'm running with high detail at 1024x768, and there are a couple places where the FAA speed hit would be very unwelcome, so I leave it off.

I wonder if the game has a memory leak. I only have 512MB of RAM, but when I exit the game, my computer swaps like crazy.
    Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

@wombat: exactly what i am experiencing (the swapping). it even goes so far that my wallpaper dissapears and i have to open a window and drag it around the screen to 'paint' it back.
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Originally posted by thop
        @wombat: exactly what i am experiencing (the swapping). it even goes so far that my wallpaper dissapears and i have to open a window and drag it around the screen to 'paint' it back.
        Yeah I'm having the same problem with wall paper being soild grey instead of my normal background. I haven't noticed any HD swapping then again I'm running 768mb of RAM

Comment

Just use the "show desktop" button in the quicklaunch...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Don't think that'll fix it, but pressing Start+D does the same thing.
            Meet Jasmine.
            flickr.com/photos/pace3000

Comment

Hi there, it seems like I also get the problem, but has anybody actually checked what fps you get?

I mean the game isn't running that great on the highest settings for me, even with FAA disabled. When I enable FAA, it runs a bit worse, but when I add AF, then it almost gets unplayable, I am getting more and more annoyed why Matrox' AF is slow like hell, you basicly can't use AF in combination with FAA in any modern game.
              And that is just with 2xAF, I don't want to know how slow the games will be with 8xAF or even higher...
              Specs:
              MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

I Did some limited testing with NOLF2 yesterday and FRAPS. What I found out that is the FPS is all over the place with the game..I can get spikes as high as 80 FPS and lows of 20 FPS. Only option I had turned on was FAAx16@ 11something res. I'll try it tonight again without the FAAx16 on to see what happens.

Comment

Don't know about FPS, but the demo version seems to run v. smooth on my system at 1024x768 with FAA forced on in the drivers. Actually I was really quite impressed by the performance - Athlon 1.3 by the way (512Mb RAM)

gnep
                  DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Working...
                  X