Program for repairing Mpegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program for repairing Mpegs?

What program, preferably free, would you suggest for repairing a Mpeg file?

I have a few that have at least GOP errors, thus they freeze during Divx conversion in VirtualDub. Also, when I make a VCD the video will freeze at spots. I end up having to Stop, then start the disc for it to get past that point.

I've tried Mpegvcr but it will only find the errors in the demo.

I appreciate any help you guys could give me. Thanks
    Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Well, i think you should try tmpeg encoder, which, i think can fix that. Or, at least it can load the file, and then you can re-encode it. Hope i'm not wrong.
    1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
    WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

I'll give that a try kroptokin. I've tried a ton of progs now, I'll fill you all in when I find something that works
      Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Working...
      X