Sniper strikes again....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sniper strikes again....

9:15 PM this evening a woman was fatally shot in the chest while returning to her car after shopping in Falls Church, Virginia.

The entire area is in lockdown with all freeways closed and cops + bloodhounds coming out of the woodwork.

Stores nearby: Home Depot is where she was shopping, but there is a Michaels next door (third time this crafts store has been near a shooting).

A creme colored Chevrolet Astro mini-van with a missing right tail light was seen leaving the scene.

Police radios are reported to be putting out a call for the above vehicle with an olive skinned man with a medium build inside.

Developing....

This s**t is just getting to be too d**ned much.

Dr. Mordrid
    Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2002, 20:26.
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

I'd suggest that the authorities start deputizing citizens to go on 24-hour streetcorner watch in the entire area. But how would they know whether or not the shooter was one of the deputized and was laughing at the cops while standing on watch for HIMSELF?

This shit's getting old fast.

Kevin

Comment

UPDATE: the woman was shot in a parking structure!!

Someone threaded that shot right through the other cars and the pillars to get her standing next to her car.

Sheeshhh....

Also: the Michaels craft store is on the upper level of the mall, not next to the Home Depot.

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

They can add "Compulsive Showoff" to the profile.

Kevin

Comment

Re: Sniper strikes again....

Originally posted by Dr Mordrid
          This s**t is just getting to be too d**ned much.

Dr. Mordrid
          Originally posted by KRSESQ
          This shit's getting old fast.

Kevin
          Just tell me when it actually is too much and it has finally gotten old. Then what are you going to do?
          Last edited by KvHagedorn; 14 October 2002, 21:00.

Comment

I have heard the suggestion that there is in reality no connection between the shooter and a white van. Some theorize that he's just timing his shots to coincide with the passing of a white van.

Seems a bit farfetched to me, but one never knows...

Kevin

Comment

Who can tell with this one?

As noted before to me it sounds a lot like there are two persons involved in each incident; one as a spotter and the other as the shooter...maybe with them taking turns. This is how military and SWAT team snipers usually work.

A few video reports show the police making what sounds like Freudian slips along these lines; using the plural instead of the singular when referring to the perp(s).

Dr. Mordrid
              Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2002, 21:05.
              Dr. Mordrid

Comment

UPDATE2: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65646,00.html

Husband was with the woman helping her load the car. Also it's now being reported by some stations that she was shot in the head. Reports also say that "several people" saw the shooter, so maybe a discription and some kind of graphic will be forthcoming.

Sure hope so as the cops really need a break in this one.

Dr. Modrdid
                Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 14 October 2002, 21:27.
                Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Let's not jump into conclusions. Last I heard, there's no balistics report stating that this shooting is related to the current sniper spree. Granted, it probably/most likely is, but let's wait until the balistic report says so....
                  RC Agent
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                  AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                  AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Anybody knows about what Hitchcock called a "MacGuffin"??

This sniper affair seems to be full of "MacGuffins".....

"OO"
                    celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

Comment

Originally posted by RC Agent
                      Let's not jump into conclusions. Last I heard, there's no balistics report stating that this shooting is related to the current sniper spree. Granted, it probably/most likely is, but let's wait until the balistic report says so....
                      The wait is over.

In this mornings police news conference it was reported that ballistics have shown this incident to be linked to the other sniper cases, as if there were any doubt given the MO.

Light colored Astro van with an aluminum ladder and a missing left tail light (right light was reported last night).

Dr. Mordrid
                      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

The victim turns out to have been working with the FBI on the Joint Terrorism Taskforce in relation to the sniper investigation.

Reports are that the shooter left his vehicle only 30-40 yards from her to do the shooting at close range and that two vehicles were involved at some point.

Wonder if they did some spying at one of the other crime scenes and then specifically targeted her

To me this sudden changeover to in-your-face tactics seems to indicate this.

Dr. Mordrid
                        Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 October 2002, 08:23.
                        Dr. Mordrid

Comment

So, any opinions as to the odds of this person/persons (if caught) making it to a trial? Or this person/persons are pretty much toast, when caught?
                          RC Agent
                          AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                          AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                          AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Depends on if the situation.

If he is setting up and the cops have a chance they'll blow him away.

If they get the drop on him and he bolts or raises a weapon they'll blow him away.

If he drops to the ground and surrenders he'll just get the shit kicked out of him.

Once in jail it's another matter. He/they will be lucky to live long enough to be executed. Even criminals have a sense of morality, even if it is perverted a bit.

I can remember several such incidents here where this happened. One example is a local woman who killed her kid by immersion in boiling water (I did some post-mortem studies on that case. Yech...). She was of couse convicted and sentenced to life (no death penalty in Michigan...yet).

2 years after she was put into a womens correctional institute she was found with her hair tied to the cell bars. She had been rotated by the feet until her neck snapped

Similar things happen in mens prisons when they get their hands on a rapist, pedophile or child killer.

Dr. Mordrid
                            Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 15 October 2002, 10:42.
                            Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Working...
                            X