Althon XP Heatsink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Althon XP Heatsink

I'm looking at getting a Althon XP 2000+ for an upgrade for my old man's Computer and I was wondering what a good inexpesive CPU Cooler out there besides using the Stockheat sink

Thanks
    Why is it called tourist season, if we can't shoot at them?

CoolJag JVC-652A
    According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Thermalright AX7...and if you want to save some $$$, pick up the Thermalright SK6 or SK6+ and install an 80mm fan diagonally...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Thermaltake 6Cu/Cu+, decent cooler for about $10

Comment

Re: Althon XP Heatsink

Originally posted by GT98
          I'm looking at getting a Althon XP 2000+ for an upgrade for my old man's Computer and I was wondering what a good inexpesive CPU Cooler out there besides using the Stockheat sink

Thanks
          The stock heatsink with the Athlon XP 2000+ is quite good. Also, by using the stock heatsink in a boxed CPU, you get a 3-year warrenty on both.

Just something to think about
          80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

You get a 3year warranty anyway, so long as you KEEP the heatsink...
            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

And I don't think it's very good, speaking from experience.
              Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

What about this?
                RC Agent
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane 2.6GHz, MSI 785GT-E63, 6 GB(2x1GB, 2x2GG) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Asus EAH4850 TOP
                AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz, ASRock A790GXH/128M BIOS 1.7, 4 GB(2x2GB) DDR2 800 Corsair XMS2, Gigabyte HD 6850 1GB DDR5
                AMD Phenom II X6 1045T 2.7GHz, Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0 BIOS 2501 , 8GB(2x4GB) DDR3 1866 CL9 Crucial BallisticX(BLT4G3D1869DT1TX0) , Sapphire HD7870 2GB GDDR5 OC, Seasonic 850w powers supply

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                  You get a 3year warranty anyway, so long as you KEEP the heatsink...
                  True
                  80% of people think I should be in a Mental Institute

Comment

Originally posted by bsdgeek
                    Thermaltake 6Cu/Cu+, decent cooler for about $10
                    Argh and suffer from vibrations 2 months after? Most 6cux use really low quality fan which vibrates and geenrates a lot of additional noise. Not that its quiet as it is...

I would definitely go with Thermalright AX-7, best price/performance heatsink out there imho.

Comment

My Thermoengine with stock fan does a good job of keeping my XP1800 cool. 44c under load for 2-3 hours, 38-39c idle for 8hrs+

The new Thermoengines have a copper core which ought to be more efficient than the aluminium solid or hollow core versions.
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

I'm using both the Voclano 6cu and the 9. Love them both, set the 9 to about medium speed and you get good cooling plus it's quiet.
                        Wikipedia and Google.... the needles to my tangent habit.

That special feeling we get in the cockles of our hearts, Or maybe below the cockles, Maybe in the sub-cockle area, Maybe in the liver, Maybe in the kidneys, Maybe even in the colon, We don't know.

Comment

Yep, 9 is quite a decent piece, I mean how woudlnt it be with 80mm fan on there . But seris 6... brrr

Comment

Working...
                          X