Case pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case pics!

Just a few pics from my "modded" computer case (Still under construction)!

According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

lookin' good
    WinXP Pro/Win2K Pro
    Pentium 4 1.7 Abit TH7II-RAID
    HD (boot): Seagate Barracuda ATA IV 60GB
    HD (RAID-0): WD WD400BB 80GB (2x40GB)
    Kingston 256MB 800MHZ RDRAM
    ATI Radeon 8500 128MB
    Hauppauge Wintv #401
    Turtle Beach Santa Cruz

Comment

Interesting how you got it to work upside down...
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Some older pics:

EDIT: When I find the time I will add 2 blue led fans to the front panel and a white glowstring behind the "front door"!

Water cooling system is also waiting to bee installed!
        Last edited by Guru; 13 October 2002, 10:23.
        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

I just realized that your case isn't ATX, but, rather, WTX...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
            I just realized that your case isn't ATX, but, rather, WTX...
            Huh?

It's a modded Chieftec DA-01B-D !

Comment

He means that it opens on left hand side rather than on right hand side and that components look to be "upside down" from ATX perspective.

Comment

hrm, odd, that isn't a standard cheiftec case...

that isn't a WTX case either... its just a very odd ATX one...

this is what a DA-01B-D looks like...

Edit: just as a note, the windows for the DA-01B-D come in different sizes/shapes... but you still get the idea...
                Last edited by DGhost; 13 October 2002, 11:14.
                "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

What you have listed is a DX-01B-D my is a DA-01B-D!

Tutustu ainutlaatuisiin, henkilökohtaisiin tuotteisiin! Valitse omat suosikkisi ja tee tilauksesi – saat ne nopeasti ja edullisesti kotiisi.

Comment

hrm, odd, that isn't a standard cheiftec case...
                    And yes it was a standard case when I got it, but I'm pretty sure that you will not be able to find another one like this in it's current form!

EDIT: The chieftec homepage is down at the moment but as soon as it is up again you can take a look for yourself!
                    Last edited by Guru; 13 October 2002, 11:29.

Comment

Why turn the case upside down? It means all the hot air is circulating all around your PCI cards and CPU as well as your drives.
                      Plus the PSU and extractor fan that would normally be at the top of the case are sucking cool air out of the bottom rather than the top.
                      I'm sure theres a reason for making a case like that somewhere, but I cant think of one.
                      Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Comment

The case is built with water cooling in mind!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III
                          Interesting how you got it to work upside down...
                          And with it working upside down and the heat rising that means his CPU shoul be a little bit cooler than usual! Nice job.

Now there's my case. It's crowded inside and full of stickers! Hehe
                          Titanium is the new bling!
                          (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Originally posted by RichL
                            Why turn the case upside down? It means all the hot air is circulating all around your PCI cards and CPU as well as your drives.
                            Plus the PSU and extractor fan that would normally be at the top of the case are sucking cool air out of the bottom rather than the top.
                            I'm sure theres a reason for making a case like that somewhere, but I cant think of one.
                            Cold air is blow on the HD's (Bottom front of case!) by 2x80mm fans and on the CPU and graphichs card by the side panel fan! The 2 exoust fans behind the cpu and graphics card is sucking out all the hot air!

Also the MSI 845E Max2 have integrated 5.1 digital sound, Bluetoth, Ide Raid( Promise 133), and NIC (Intel) so I have no need for extra PCI cards! Also if you take a look at the back of the case I have left 2 backplates open to help cooling the graphics card! Another plus with a design like this is that I could install a Titan TCC-003 to suck out air from the top pci slot to improve cooling without having to cut open the top of the case!

Comment

good call, with the chieftec page being down i can't find the specs on that. its not a popular case over here in the states, and i can't find a vendor who sells it.

it looks like it was modeled after a WTX form factor, but its horribly jacked up.

one of the ideas of WTX is that if you flip the motherboard around to the other side, and also move it down a bit, you get more room for slots and also (if done correctly) put the CPU/MEM/AGP slot right in front of where the front intake fans are. this allows you to blow cool air straight across those parts and also exhaust it by fans right next to those parts...

a couple of pictures from an anandtech review of one a while back...

News and reviews of PC components, smartphones, tablets, pre-built desktops, notebooks, Macs and enterprise/cloud computing technologies.

^^ case with traditional motherboard mounted. notice the harddrive fan and cpu exaust fan in a straight line.

News and reviews of PC components, smartphones, tablets, pre-built desktops, notebooks, Macs and enterprise/cloud computing technologies.

^^ motherboard tray w/ ATX motherboard

^^ motherboard tray w/ WTX motherboard
                              "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Working...
                              X