Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New World Disorder

(billingual and translator available)

Because Democracy and Freedom are essentials....

"OO"
    celeron 1.4ghz tualatin/Slot-T adapter/AX6BC/Matrox G-200 Marvel16mo/320Rams-133@100/SBLive oem/DR-CDrw 16X/Matsuhita cd-rom 32x/Raceleader FF wheel/WD Caviar 40G 7200 X 2 +Fuji 11G 5400 HDS/ Q71/Win98 top notch/DX9.0a/DSL/and faith in a good pc setup...

...well... that's kinda heavy and unfair. Bush got put up to being President by his parents and peer pressure. If he'd had a choice back when, he would most certainly have chosen another direction. When his father was VP and then in the White House, he avoided the place like the plague. He even said so in an interview when he'd had a bit too much beer.

So now he's sitting in the chair and doing the best he can with what he's got. He's not a bad guy at heart, but he's in a very awkward position surrounded and pressured by some people who definitely shouldn't be there. If you listen to him talk, you get the impression he is having a hard time even convincing himself.

Partially through him and partially through events, the situation is opening up, and if we are lucky, things will move forward with some kind of even-handedness.

So let's be fair. Bush is in the spotlight, but he is by far not the one pulling all the strings and jumping off cliffs...
    How can you possibly take anything seriously?
    Who cares?

Comment

You're so full of s**t the whites of your eyes are turning brown....

His political career started way back in 1977 when he lost an election for a Texas congressional seat after working for several other campaigns in the previous several years.

He then was a paid advisor for his fathers 1988 presidential bid, an election during which he rubbed some of his fathers advisors the wrong way by recommending that the campain be more agressive then they were. He got his way in many of these conflicts and his father won the Presidency.

After his fathers loss he was so angered by Clinton & Co.'s tactics he immediately decided to run for the Governorship of Texas, his adopted home state. He campaigned on education and reforming the juvinile justice system in Texas, both of which were a mess at the time. He won; handily beating out the Democratic incumbent, Ann Richards.

Ann Richards was at the time a popular national figure and known to be a very tough, and a highly financed, opponent. Her defeat of GWB was nationally recognized as a huge upset.

During his first term he won popularity among even minority groups in Texas, who are not normally a Republican constituency, by delivering on their issues. When he came up for re-election he even got a majority of the Hispanic vote and a much larger than normal percentage of the black vote as well. He won re-election in a walk.

Lightweight? Not too bright? Only running because of family pressures? Nope. Nowayinhell.

His opponents will tell you that underestimating GWB is a huge mistake. His style is to present a mild face, but there is plenty of fire in his belly and his opponents are often out-maneuvered in embarassing ways.

Just look at how much the Democrats have underestimated him in the last 6 months. He let them chase him all around the block until they got right where he wanted them

Dr. Mordrid
      Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 October 2002, 13:13.
      Dr. Mordrid
      ----------------------------
      An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

...expected something like that from you. Think you know something I don't?
        How can you possibly take anything seriously?
        Who cares?

Comment

Didn't wait to read it all did you? Pfftttt...

Dr. Mordrid
          Last edited by Dr Mordrid; 12 October 2002, 13:07.
          Dr. Mordrid
          ----------------------------
          An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Comment

ppl lets not turn this into something that is un-nesesary
            "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
              ...expected something like that from you. Think you know something I don't?
              mutz.. with age doesn't always come wisdom.. you still have to try.

Comment

hmm wheres my popcorn?
                no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

you ran out

Comment

Damned French hippies.

(Fire-retardant underwear on!)

Kevin

Comment

Working...
                    X