Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could it be a rumor about new PARHELIA rev.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could it be a rumor about new PARHELIA rev.?

Matrox Technical Support Tweak Utility

Revision 5.02.04
    ----------------

Supported OS
    ------------
    Windows 98
    Windows ME
    Windows NT4
    Windows 2000
    Windows XP (Home)
    Windows XP (Pro)

Supported Cards
    ---------------
    G200 AGP and PCI Series
    G400 AGP Series
    G450 AGP series
    G550 AGP series
    Parhelia 128 AGP 4x Series <-----------------------------------

Giving a sight to the .TXT file of the latest matrox utility, I've seen that in PARHELIA row there's written 4x SERIES , as that another version (AGP 8X) is unsupported

OK in few words
    WHY matrox WRITE 4X series if only 4x model is out?

if you hexedit (which is illegal according to matrox' license) the mtstu.exe you will see AGP 8x strings in various places. how do i know about this when i didnt hex the exe because it is illegal you ask? a fairy told me

btw. TCB
    no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

...hehe. This one?
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

thats nothing...

taken from the mtxparh.inf from the 1.02 drivers...

[Strings]
        Disk1 = "Matrox Graphics Installation Disk 1"
        Matrox = "Matrox Graphics Inc."
        ENG = " - English"
        Str00 = "Matrox Parhelia 256MB"
        Str01 = "Matrox Parhelia 128MB"
        Str02 = "Matrox Parhelia AGP"
        Str03 = "Parhelia 8x"
        Str04 = "Matrox Parhelia 64MB"
        and

%Str00%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0527&SUBSYS _0850102B
        %Str01%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0527&SUBSYS _0840102B
        %Str01%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0527&SUBSYS _0C10102B
        %Str02%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0527
        %Str00%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0528&SUBSYS _1030102B
        %Str01%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0528&SUBSYS _1020102B
        %Str03%%ENG%=IN00.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0528
        %Str04%%ENG%=IN01.ENG,PCI\VEN_102B&DEV_0527&SUBSYS _0830102B
        "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

lol... looks like ill be buying another parhelia :\ Need the 256 meg 8x AGP model if its clocked higher..
          Shuttle SN45G, 2 x 256 Megs of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 DDR Ram, 120 Gig Western Digital SE HD, 16x48x Liteon DVD-CDR Combo Drive, 128 Meg Retail Parhelia, nForce Soundstorm, Klipsch Promedia GMX

Comment

or, in other words...

the AGP 8X version has a new PCI Device ID...

it looks like they have a 256MB and 128MB version in AGP 4x or 8x, but the 64MB will be 4x only... and it looks like their is another revision of the 128MB 4x card out there or in the works (or its the OEM, or could have been a prerelease/sampling card)...

Edit: it also looks like the 64MB card has different application presets than the 128MB/256MB cards...
            Last edited by DGhost; 11 October 2002, 13:11.
            "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

the exe also talks about two other parhelias (engineering sample and some other sample) so that might be the two parhelia 128MB missing.
              i just hope it's not like back then when the G800 and the FUSION appeared as driver strings.

AGP 8x is enabled in the .exe for sure, you can even see the 8x icon. thats what the fairy says at least
              Last edited by thop; 11 October 2002, 13:30.
              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I don't think any reference made in those inf files necessarily is connected to a real product (either already on the market or in the works). Why can't they be used for internal testing/use at matrox?

As thop has said, we've seen this often in the past with fusion/g800/etc

Comment

Moved to the Crystal Ball forum...
                  Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Edit: it also looks like the 64MB card has different application presets than the 128MB/256MB cards...
                    yup, it even says there is a difference, in the powerdesk-hf helpfile:
                    go in to the powerdesk help, and look in
                    Matrox PowerDesk-HF > Main interface > Multi-Display Setup
                    It says that the 128mb and the 256mb version will support 2 display+feature display, and stretched mode, whereas the 64mb version will only support stretched mode.
                    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Working...
                    X