Morrowind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morrowind

I was wondering does anyone have this game who has a Parhelia?

How does it play?

Does it support surround gaming (If any title should, this is the one)

Thanks

You'll find a list of games that function or will function soon™ in surround gaming here.

Morrowind from what I hear does play quite nice on a Parhelia but it doesn't appear to function in surround.
    #1 DRILL SERGEANT PICK-UP LINE

"You make me hornier before 9 AM than most
    people do all day!"

Comment

It has support for custom resolutions but I do not think that they have the FOV command required to do Surround.
      <font size="-4">User error:
      Replace user and try again.
      System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
      System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
      </font>

Comment

Re: Morrowind

Originally posted by matroxgaming
        I was wondering does anyone have this game who has a Parhelia?

How does it play?
        Plays really well.

Well, until you're fighting about 3 peeps and their letting off a few spell effects that is. I have no idea how it compares to other cards.

I played breifly with a Kyro2 and morrowind. Kyro was about twice as quick rendering the Balmora town which was very suprising. Although, it wasn't having to render any pixel shaded water. Hmmmmm - I may test the P. without the PS water but it looks too damn nice
        "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
        Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
        DriverHeaven administrator
        PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

You will probably get the detailed answer you want Here
          "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and all science. He to whom this emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead: His eyes are closed"
          --- Albert Einstein

"Drag racing is for people that don't know how to brake and downshift at the same time."

Comment

I do not have 3 screens ATM but could someone try out semi-surround?

HKLM\Software\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Screen Width = 2400
            HKLM\Software\Bethesda Softworks\Morrowind\Screen Height = 600
            <font size="-4">User error:
            Replace user and try again.
            System 1: P4 2.8@3.25, P4C800-E Deluxe, 1024MB 3200 CL2, 160+120 GB WD, XP Pro, Skystar 2, Matrox Parhelia 128R, Chieftec Dragon Full Tower (Silver).
            System 2: P4 2.0, Intel 845, 1024MB Generic RAM, 80GB WD, XP Pro, Promise Ultra133 TX2, GF3 Ti500. Resides in a neat Compaq case.
            </font>

Comment

Question

Question, would this draw distance be just as bad say on a 9700.

Comment

Re: Re: Morrowind

Originally posted by UberLord

I played breifly with a Kyro2 and morrowind. Kyro was about twice as quick rendering the Balmora town which was very suprising.
                It's pretty obvious, instead. Morrowind has no internal algorithm for hidden surface removal, so when you are in Balmora the video card has to render a huge number of things you will never see; Kiro2 has tile rendering, so it gain a lot of speed.
                And, Balmora is really full of buildings (I think one of the more filled city)...
                Sat on a pile of deads, I enjoy my oysters.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Morrowind

Originally posted by Drizzt

It's pretty obvious, instead. Morrowind has no internal algorithm for hidden surface removal, so when you are in Balmora the video card has to render a huge number of things you will never see; Kiro2 has tile rendering, so it gain a lot of speed.
                  And, Balmora is really full of buildings (I think one of the more filled city)...
                  True. But it looks about 300% better on the P.
                  "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
                  Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
                  DriverHeaven administrator
                  PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Working...
                  X