Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recording Hi8 tapes

hi,
    I´ve a milleniummII w/ RRStudio and I was lend a Hi8 camera.

What capture resolution would be the best? Frame or field based?

I was told that the hi8 has about 500 lines of vert resolution, so should I use a vert resolution above 500?

The output is PAL VHS, but also mjpeg (to a cd-rom), would the RRS mjpeg with max quality-low compression keep the video quality of hi8? Perhaps trying morgan multimedia mjpeg codec?

Thanks a lot.

Keep the good work!
    --
    The only constant thing is change.

Jak

Capture at 704 x 576, field base B. Use the hardware codec, especially if your hardware is not high-performance. Don't try Morgan but if you must use a software codec, use PICvideo.
    Brian (the devil incarnate)

Comment

Hi Jak,
      Brian was absolutely right, except that with MilII/RRS you have to use field order A especially if you want to export back to tape(still got this card iin one win98 machine). Don't use Morgan codec unless you want to mess up your machine. Also search this forum for the "evil frame" or "dreaded frame" problem, a problem inherent to MilII/RRS.
      mits,
      System specs: primary : Asus P5B Dlx/Wifi, C2Duo E6600 with thermalright 120 and 120mm Scythe S-Flex
      model E, 2 Gb Ram Kingston HyperX PC6400, MSI RX1950Pro with ViVo, 2 * WD3200AAKS, Sound Blaster Audigy ES, NIC onborad, IEE1394 TI onboard, dvd-rw Nec/Sony Optiarc AD-7173A, dvd-rom Pioneer 106-s, Win XP SP2. Secondary : Asus P4B266-E, P4 2GHz (Northwood), ram 512 MB DDR400 , 2*80 Maxtor, vga asus 9600XT with vivo, sound card c-media 8738 onboard, NIC D-Link 538TX, dvd-rw sony dru500AX, cd-rw yamaha 2100E, Win2k SP4.

Comment

The horror... the horror...

Geez mits, you had to bring up the "evil frame" bit, didn't you! I had forgotten about that nuisance.

Comment

thanks

hi,
          thanks a lot.

I´ve never recorded long videos, may be that´s why I never seen that "evil frame" defect. I´ve read the info in previous post, thanks for the info.
          --
          The only constant thing is change.

Comment

Working...
          X