Sound Problem: G400TV+WinXP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound Problem: G400TV+WinXP

As advised, I have latest driver installed with Video Tool 2.10a and it is patched. I can capture the video with PICVideo Codec.

The problem is I cannot have any sound once the PC-VCR is opened.

My computer is connected with a Ext VCD Player. When Windows starts, I can hear the sound from the VCD Player. However, when the PC-VCR is initializing, the sound disappeared until next reboot.

So, even I can capture the video, I am not able to get the sound working. Virtual Dub share the same issue.

My conclusion is, whenever the driver for the capture device initialize, the sound from tool box will go away.

also, I tried the old 2kvt202e. It will give me both video and audio but I am not able to capture anything with it. Virtual Dub crash whenever I try to choose the Capture AVI option.

Can anyone help?
    =.=
    Thanks.

Check the Mixer....
    One of those Times I tested RRG on W2k it switched over to the mic line....

It did that repeatedly
    If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

hi! i have the same problem, and donno the answer, but a workaround it is to use the rf out of the player and connect that to the rf in of the box. (i assume that you try to connect the vcr using composite) Then look in the programs and you might find the vcr without have to do any alterations to your frequencies. However it sucks this way.
      1 x PIII 866Mhz on Acorp 6A815EPD, 512 MB SDRAM, 30 GB Samsung Spinpoint + 80 GB WD Caviar SE, Matrox G400 Marvel, Samsung Syncmaster 755dfx, Phillips PSC706 Acoustic Edge 1.89 drivers,
      WinXP SP1, Drivers: 5.88, VT 2.02.

Comment

Technoid : this issue have been avoided from the beginning.

kropotkin: you are right. The RF audio and video is completely working fine. The fact is, even I record the RF video and audio, the audio part is simply disappeared.

In the Recording Settings, the Audio part only shows the Bits/Sample, Sample rate and Adjust Volume, the information above these settings disappeared (i suppose there should have indicator for Stereo/Mono audio signal, as in the 202e installation)

From the beginning, this build simply give no sound.

Really disappointing ~_~

Comment

GREAT PROBLEM

I have win ME for PCTV software on a:
          p4 1.8A
          Asus p4s533
          256 ddram333
          live platinum
          Audio on board disabled

On certain programs I have sound on the TV on the pctv i have no sound. There are the SAME programs requesting SYS2 on TV 4 clear audio

can u help me? please

Comment

Working...
          X