Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not a matrox question!

hello folks

I odnt think I have posted in alt lifestyles before, so be gentle with me.

I have a Data General AViion server running several instances of Oracle for a medical database at work.

Its a tripple proc Xeon 550, with 1 gb Ram and around 200GB HD in various raid configurations.

Question.
    I can run a range of logs on the system, and I want to see how the application runs on my system as useage scales up. (its a beta product at the moment).

can someone suggest a few settings for my sarlogs or whatever I could use which normally give a fairly linear growth for scaling purposes?
    (I have 20-40 live users at any one time... in Pilot - I intend to have about 2500 registered users and perhaps 600 concurrent at any one time.........)

I am the Project manager of this ship, but I am not confident of the ability of the civil service IT team setting up the system correctly. I need to check them myself (I caught them out a couple of time in the Oracle setup....)

Regards
    RedRed
    Last edited by RedRed; 10 October 2002, 08:44.
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

bump?;

I guess that its a bit quiet here.....
    Dont just swallow the blue pill.

Comment

...like a summer resort in Autumn. Tourist are gone, gettin cold, storm windows are up. Drop 'round the general store and post office, feet up on the pot-bellied stove, drinkin coffee and bullshitting each other and anybody who walks by...
      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
      Who cares?

Comment

I like that imagery very much.

Comment

soun's good, son.
          Now pass me the sugar...

PC-1 Fractal Design Arc Mini R2, 3800X, Asus B450M-PRO mATX, 2x8GB B-die@3800C16, AMD Vega64, Seasonic 850W Gold, Black Ice Nemesis/Laing DDC/EKWB 240 Loop (VRM>CPU>GPU), Noctua Fans.
          Nas : i3/itx/2x4GB/8x4TB BTRFS/Raid6 (7 + Hotspare) Xpenology
          +++ : FSP Nano 800VA (Pi's+switch) + 1600VA (PC-1+Nas)

Comment

Working...
          X