4 beeps and no image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 beeps and no image

So it has finally happened. My g400 16mb dual head says no dice. Running this:

amd xp1600 on epox 8KHA+, starts give 1 long beep and 3 short. The tech guy says its the graphics card - putting old mystique in proves it.

So my question is can i save the g400? will a bios flash help? I am runningthe computer with both cards in so that seems ok...

any ideas would be appreciated

thanks
    p.s. if you need more info let me know - have not changed bios on g400 since bought. oh under win xp
    hmmmmm

Get the BIOS recover tool from Matrox's web site, and try to run it, with the Mystique running your monitor...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

hmm no joy - tried with the mystique in and without but no luck. Any more ideas?

just checked my receipt and because I had to wait so long for a MAX to be available that in the end I bought a 16mb dual on 22/10/99 which is just this side of three years - so im still under guarantee - woohoo
      Last edited by bibble; 10 October 2002, 12:28.
      hmmmmm

Comment

Working...
      X