Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Zalman ZM-80HP fit on Parhelia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Zalman ZM-80HP fit on Parhelia?

Yes... does it? One german seller says no, but if i look at the construction i believe, it must fit! Only the size of the conatc surface could be to small, or not?
    System:
    P III-S 1.4@1.52
    512 MB SDR-Ram
    Gigabyte-6IEML
    Matrox Parhelia

That's one crazy heatsink!!

Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

hmm just what i need. how much is it?
      no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

I believe the screw's from the attachments will thouch the GPU of Parhelia. If you look the cooler from the side, you can see, the screws a littler bit lower than the heatsink.

I wont waste 37€

You can buy the cooler here in germany:
        System:
        P III-S 1.4@1.52
        512 MB SDR-Ram
        Gigabyte-6IEML
        Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Beware! I read a review and it clearly shows that even silent fan based coolers are much more efficiant than these Zalman coolers.... though I don't know if that was a reliable review.
          Specs:
          MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

I don't get you guys and your "silent" pc's. If my pc doesn't make a certain amount of noise then I can't sleep at night. The buzz of all 6 fans puts me right to sleep!

Comment

you sleep with your pc on at night? in 4 weeks i'd be in a mental institue

Comment

Originally posted by thop
                you sleep with your pc on at night? in 4 weeks i'd be in a mental institue
                I have to. I've gotten used to the noise level. I can't sleep in a room without noise or else I go crazy. Seriously.

Comment

ok the noise prevents you from going crazy now, but in a year you will be in a loony bin

but i know what you mean, sometimes "harmonic" noise can you make you more relaxed and if not that than you will at least get a strange feeling when it's gone and miss the sound.

3 years ago or so when i had my Athlon550@800 i actually had two 80mm exhaust fans, plus a 120mm blowhole. but what made the most noise was the ALPHA K7 125 (one of the sweetest heatsinks ever btw.) with two 6800rpm PABST fans on it! all fans running at 12V full speed. seriously this thing was louder than a lawnmower.

little did i know back then about the blessings of silence. from then on, things went quiet stey by step
                  Last edited by thop; 9 October 2002, 15:09.

Comment

I need the noise of my pc to drown out all the other noises. With my pc on it's like total silence in my room. With it off all I hear is everything else outside. I can't tell the world to shut the hell up at night so I keep my pc on with all it's noisy glory!

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

I have to. I've gotten used to the noise level. I can't sleep in a room without noise or else I go crazy. Seriously.
                      Seems like you'd be an ideal space colonist, as the environmental control systems would always be at work....
                      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by K6-III

Seems like you'd be an ideal space colonist, as the environmental control systems would always be at work....
                        If I'm tired I can sleep in almost any condition, but I do prefer some sort of noise when I sleep oddly enough.

Comment

So what do you say to lunar colonization???
                          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

ZokesPro, first MURCer on the moon! go for it zork!

Comment

A waste... the moon has too much mass to be economical... space stations would be better
                              "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X