Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever have a tough time getting a lunch break?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever have a tough time getting a lunch break?

From the AP wire;

Mounties Take A Bite Out Of Crime

SURREY, British Columbia — The Mounties got their men. What they had trouble getting was a sandwich.

Royal Canadian Mounted Police Constable Ed Boettcher and his partner decided to take a sandwich break Monday while on surveillance duty in an unmarked car.

At the restaurant, they checked the license plate on a car parked at a nearby pawn shop, found the car had been reported stolen, followed it and helped arrest the driver and passenger.

Back they went to the sandwich joint, only to find a well-known car thief getting out of a pickup truck. Sure enough, a check of the license showed the truck had been stolen and they arrested the driver.

On his third try, Boettcher finally got inside the sandwich shop, but his partner noticed two men carrying golf bags into the pawn shop. It turned out their car was also stolen and they were eventually arrested as well.

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Hehe

Comment

I never thought tht Gran Theft Auto was such a big problem in B.C.!
      Titanium is the new bling!
      (you heard from me first!)

Comment

BC has the highest auto theft rate in canada.
        Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard coated bastards with bastard filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive, bubble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine. -- Dr. Perry Cox

Comment

Always have trouble getting a lunch. I need some type of cloaking device but then some bugger would sit on me.
          Chief Lemon Buyer no more Linux sucks but not as much
          Weather nut and sad git.

My Weather Page

Comment

Doc, that happens every day in Surrey.
            Laurie
            ======

Comment

Working...
            X