Aileen Wuornos executed....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aileen Wuornos executed....

The first female meeting the FBI's definition of a serial killer, Aileen Wuornos, was executed in Florida this morning. May she burn in hell....

Dr. Mordrid
    Dr. Mordrid
    ----------------------------
    An elephant is a mouse built to government specifications.

I carry a gun because I can't throw a rock 1,250 fps

Apparently it's an expensive process to execute a person.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

Only because of the overly lenthy appeals process wherein lawyers are allowed to re-litigate everything by judge-shopping

Dr. Mordrid
      Dr. Mordrid

Comment

Well, considering how flawed the system is, it may not be expensive enough. Illinois has its moratorium for a reason.
        Gigabyte P35-DS3L with a Q6600, 2GB Kingston HyperX (after *3* bad pairs of Crucial Ballistix 1066), Galaxy 8800GT 512MB, SB X-Fi, some drives, and a Dell 2005fpw. Running WinXP.

Comment

Illinois may have a moritorium but in this case you have multiple confessions, even boasts, and demands from Ms. Wuornos that the relatives of her victims repent for the "sins" of their deceased relatives

In some cases there may be doubt, but in her case it's no different than the case of Ted Bundy.

Dr. Mordrid
          Dr. Mordrid

Comment

What ever the crime I am against the death penalty.

Comment

"I'm one who seriously hates human life and would kill again," she told the state Supreme Court.
              Upon reading the article a little more you realise just how screwed up she really is.

Comment

Originally posted by ZokesPro

Upon reading the article a little more you realise just how screwed up she really is.
                You mean "was".

Comment

Btw, who are these morons ?

The state Supreme Court on Tuesday rejected two efforts to stop the execution, one from a private attorney in Tampa who expressed "serious concerns" about Wuornos' competency, the other from an Ohio group that wanted to file an appeal on Wuornos' behalf.

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                    I don't find that death is a punishment. I think it's an easy way out, for the suspect and the families involved. Once your dead your gone forever and your suffering stops there and then, unless there's a hell.

Comment

...there's always types that jump on these things to pick up some attention and press for themselves. They're not trying to help anybody but themselves.

...and I think heaven or hell is what you make out of your life now, and you continue down that road when you die.
                      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                      Who cares?

Comment

...after she murdered six men along central Florida highways while working as a prostitute!
                        According to the latest official figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless...

Comment

Originally posted by eftychios
                          OK, I'll bite What if someone killed your Dad? Would you still feel the same way? These were all men, which I'm fairly sure at least one was a father. What if it was your father?

Dave
                          Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

sure your opinion will very likely be different when you're personally involved with the victim... but, should the punishment from the law reflect the seek for revenge from the relatives of the victim? Or should it be a conclusion about what's best for society / person accused when found guilty of the accused facts?

Anyway, there's been a trial in Britain not too long ago about a prisoner, who was in for life, that wanted to end his life. So perhaps death _is_ an easy way out for a lot of prisoners (who are in for life, i.e. a LONG time).

Comment

Originally posted by dZeus
                              sure your opinion will very likely be different when you're personally involved with the victim... but, should the punishment from the law reflect the seek for revenge from the relatives of the victim? Or should it be a conclusion about what's best for society / person accused when found guilty of the accused facts?

Anyway, there's been a trial in Britain not too long ago about a prisoner, who was in for life, that wanted to end his life. So perhaps death _is_ an easy way out for a lot of prisoners (who are in for life, i.e. a LONG time).
                              Anybody that kills 6 people should be put to death and I think that is the best possible solution for society. On the other hand, since I think killing someone is wrong, whether it be my family or someone elses, I feel the revenge is proper. so, YES to both things you said

Dave
                              Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

Comment

Working...
                              X