Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what encoders does virtual dub`s frameserver support ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what encoders does virtual dub`s frameserver support ?

I tried ligos and panasonic, but they dont work.

Ole: I haven't tried out Panasonic, but I have used simple frame server mode in LSX MANY times. What are you doing when LSX fails, and what message do you get?
    Anyways, all encoders I have played with in the past few months work fine with frame server (although I have to use the annoying VCM mode to get tMPEG working with frame server)

Comment

I load an avi, start frameserver,give it a name,save the *.vdr signpost. Then i try to open the *.vdr signpost in lsx 3.0.
      It wont cause it isn`t an avi. I have tried to rename the extension to avi, but it doesn`t help.
      What do you do to make it work ?

Comment

Thanks, that helped. Now panasonic also works.
        Could you give me a decription of your working routines with the frameserver feature ? Do you use the filters ? Which ? ......
        How do i get the most advantage of using this feature ?

Comment

Ole: Go into the virtualdub directory, go into the aviproxy subdirectory and double click on proxyon.reg
          That *SHOULD* fix this problem

Comment

Ole:
            I normally use Donald Graft's smart deinterlacer (unless the source is letter-boxed or I want to keep interlacing for interlaced MPEG-2), the built-in levels filter to correct brightness issues, the resize filter in bilinear or precise bicubic modes (depending on what size I want the output), my 2d cleaner (especially if it's a cartoon source), and my temporal cleaner to remove random noise.
            However, your mileage may vary. The best advice I can give is to experiment with the filters built in and the great wealth of 3rd party filters available.

Comment

Thanks again, you have been a great help.

Comment

Working...
              X