att of the flying dutchman-yuy2!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• att of the flying dutchman-yuy2!

Do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to get a Marvel g200 (no tuner) to work in yuy2 mode in win 98 or 2000?

I regularly capture with my g200 (no tuner) and HuffYUV, full, half and quarter size no problem in Win98.

I havn't been able to get it capturing anything at all of any format in Win2000, dispite lots of help and suggestions from people here. I have given up trying that. I belive some have got it working, especially with g400's but the g200s have had less success, though some say they have managed it. It will depend on other variables such as sound card, motherboard etc

I use AVI_IO for capture. you will need the Flying Dutchman's YUV patch of course. It works very well.

Comment

A Marvel G200 works just fine under Win98 . Use videotools version 1.52 and apply the YUY2 patch.

PeterB:

My Marvel G200 runs beautifully under Windows 2000+YUY2.
      (Asus CUSL2-C board, Matrox Video Tools Version 2.02, Matrox PC-VCR Version 02.04.15). You have to absolutely disable busmastering in Powerdesk for it to run stable.

Your mileage may vary - with a VIA chipset I haven't been able to capture decently using _any_ operating system.
      Resistance is futile - Microborg will assimilate you.

Comment

I can't get the G200 marvel to run with vidtools 1.52, it just locks up the PC when trying to access the vid capture with any program: it works with vid tools 1.55 but the yuy2 patch doesn't...I wonder if it's the latest via 4 in 1 driver

Comment

Also: att flying dutchman: which display drivers in win 2000? and which win 2000 service pack?

Comment

My driver/VT combo: PD 5.41 and VT 1.52. This combo is rock-stable under Win98 in my system (VIA chipset). Other combos did nothing for me.

Kevin

Comment

I have a VIA chipset on that PC! So it is the likely problem with Win2000

I had a similar problem with Win98 and Vid tools 1.52, in the end I installed WinMe (which nobody recomends) and it works perfectly! Must be the VIA chipset?

Comment

I could get basic captures with Vid Tools in Win2K, but never enough consistant results to justify sticking with it. Eventually I want to pick up a 450 ETV and go back to Win2K but right now it isn't that urgent.

I've never been able to successfully capture YUY at all. Probably the VIA's bandwidth limitations.

Kevin

Comment

@KeithM:

My Powerdesk says :

Driver package 5.39.019
                  Powerdesk version 6.28.061.
                  Display, Kernel, Directdraw drivers: All have version 5.12.01.1290 (1.29.033)

Powerdesk "Performance" settings:

Only "Use Hardware to draw color mouse pointer" is checked.
                  Especially make sure "busmastering" is un-checked.

Videotools:

Both the "leaked" and "release" versions of videotools work fine for me as long as busmastering is disabled in powerdesk. The "leaked" version allows to capture hardware MJPG in PC/VCR remote.

I don't use hardware MJPG anymore, I use Picvideo and Huffyuv at full resolution.

@KRSESQ:
                  I would recommend against the Marvel G450.

I'd rather buy a "Terratec Cinergy 400 TV " for $60 as a dedicated capture device (supports WinXP, mpeg-2, YUY2 and alledgedly has a very nice picture quality) .
                  Combine this with any decent graphics adapter (maybe even a Matrox, if you really need the DVDMax feature) and it's still cheaper than the Marvel G450 and has better driver support.

Comment

Talk about going round in circles: the driver or the vidtools must have been corrupted, I downloaded them again from the Matrox site and reinstalled them and the G200 Marvel is working fine in windows 98. There must be a moral here about never trusting a download! Strange thing is I have used the old download with the G400 Marvel

Comment

My last comment was wrong: the card has stopped grabbing again. I have tried a friend's card with a new install of win 98 and it too locks up when trying access the capture feature (with any program). It will not work with win 98se and the vidtools 1.52 and correct display drivers. I have tried evrything! M/Board is an abit kr7 riad with via 266a. But with the original driver disc I can grab mjpeg fine. But I want to use huffyuy or picvideo. I have noticed that the vtools 1.52 are very different from the original tools, I wonder if there is an ini file to tell the vid tools that there is no tuner option?

Comment

Try disabling busmastering in Powerdesk. That does the trick for me in Win2000, at least.

Comment

Tried that-but cheers. If i keep playing around with the graphics acceleration slider it will sometimes work. Looks like the G200 doesn't like the m/board. Does you YUY2 patch work with any other versions?

Comment

It should work with most pre - 1.55 versions (win98).

How is your AGP speed set in the bios setup? Try AGP 2x with 64 mb aperture setting. You might also try disabling PCI concurrency.

Comment

Just to throw a real spanner in the works: I treid a friend's G200 in my ASUS sis based board and it was the same, locked up. I wonder if there is a difference in UK G200's?

Comment

Working...
                              X