[Ch]ams' bro takes the Parhelia Plunge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Ch]ams' bro takes the Parhelia Plunge

Yep, my brother needed a video card that could pump 1600x1200 to two of these DVI 20" LCDs:

It was either Parhelia or Gainward's Golden Sample GF4 card, so the decision to get the Parhelia was kinda easy.

Grr!! His 3200x1600 desktop will put my 2880x1024 desktop to shame. I hate my brother!!!!

Any suggestions/tips/pitfalls/comments that I can pass on to my bro would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    [Ch]amsalot

get these puppies

MY GOD WHAT AN LCD

the only problem is the 50 ms respose time,
    now u can party with 1920x1200 TIMES 2!!!!!

the max res for this monitor is like 3840x2400!!
    -----------------------------------
    WHATS A JAVA?

Comment

Image Quality-wise I'm sure that LCD is lacking compared to the VX2000.

Comment

IBM T-221

3840x2400 resolution.

"That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

yeah, the problem is that DVI cannot do more than 1920x1200 iirc. unless that monitor can take multiple DVI inputs the native resolution would be worthless unless you use the custom video card they provide (which iirc is a modified G200 MMS).
          "And yet, after spending 20+ years trying to evolve the user interface into something better, what's the most powerful improvement Apple was able to make? They finally put a god damned shell back in." -jwz

Comment

Another problem with those mongo Viewsonic and IBM LCDs is the fact that they jam so much resolution into what really is little real estate. Compare two 20" LCDs running a desktop 3200x1200 with one 22.2" LCD running a ludicrous 3840x2400.

Obviously running the dual 20"s is the practical choice.

-[Ch]ams

Comment

u know what really bugs me about LCDs right now, is the low resolution for its size. 1280x1024 for nething above a 17 inch viewable is not acceptable! I can actually see the pixels clearly from really far away, I HATE THAT. Thats why I returned my crappy 18 inch planar LCD. What a piece of crap that is! Ahh well enuff of my venting, this has nothing 2 do with the subject does it
              WHATS A JAVA?

Comment

Working...
              X