Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G550 dualhead blank screen on reboot win2k

hello,
    it's a long message,but i prefere to write a lot to be more precise.

I own a new G550 dualhead millenium, and i attached as principal monitor a CRT Iiyama HM704UTC and as secondary monitor a CRT Mitsubishi, both 17". the problem is that now just after a boot, before getting on login screen, both screens turn into black, like in a safe mode,and i can't go ahead. i even tried to type my password login (in the case it's just a problem of visibility)but nothing happens,the disk drive doesn't react either. so i checked forums and tried many things,without success. the strange thing is that it worked perfectly during an entire day, i even rebooted a couple of time,but after shutting down the computer and tried to reboot it the day after,the problem occured. so,i see the bios,i see the first boot win2k black screen,i see the logo win2k white page,and just after, when the login should come...black screen. on both monitors. so i tried many combinaisons, only one monitor, and alternatively with the iiyama and mitsubishi. i tried the method described somewhere here on the forum: uninstall matrox drivers,check standard vga,install via drivers,reboot,install matrox drivers,reboot,ok. in safe mode,no problem.in normal mode without matrox driver,no problem.but when i install drivers and try to put a 800*600 or 1024*768 with 16bit or mode...crash(blank screen).however i could make it work,that's why i'm totally lost,it worked a couple of time,and i didn't modify any parameters before it crashes,so i don't know what to do.
    my configuration is:
    motherboard DFI K6XV3+/66 (VIA MVP3;AGP 2x),256MB SDRAM PC100,AMD K6III 500Mhz,SeagateBarracudaIV 80Go,AsusCDrom40x,CDWriterHP8200i,Dlink530TX,Inter nal modem PCI Rockwell,USB webcam,SB128 PC, windows2000 pro SP2+latest patchs (not SP3 installed).
    before getting this brand new vga card,i had never installed Via 4-in-1 because it worked perfectly without them,but now i tried to install them, the 4.43version. for Matrox drivers,i tried the 5.86. i never modified bios of my vga,as it's a new one and don't now if it's necessary or will void my warranty.
    so, to resume once again,i tried the usual solution provided by matrox on forum without success:remove card and drivers,reboot,install via,reboot,...no success.so i install the brand new G550 dual head, then installed the w2k586 driver, rebooted, enabled dual head feature, then enabled the second monitor check box, then OK and re-boot, and the black screen appears on both monitors.
    I had to reboot to safe mode, re-install the driver to get the primary screen back up.
    I tried to enable dual screen again, reboot, the black screen appeared again.
    well, could you help me please? i don't know what to write more for details, but don't hesitate asking me any information.
    thanks in advance

ps: meanwhile,i tried on another computer,with sony G200 monitor, it worked ok.so i tried with this computer (AMD Athlon600+Asus K7M motherboard) both monitors (Iiyama and mitsubishi),and there,from the beginning on boot, both monitors shows the splash screen boot of win2k and it seems to work correctly. however,both systems are on win2k pro,and are configured the same,as it comes from a ghost common disk image. and Asus K7M is also an old motherboard,however it works.but if i try under dos the diagnostic tool from matrox,then comes a blank permanent screen during process and i had to reset.
    Also, i tried eventually with via drivers 4.43 and matrox drivers 5.72 and 5.86, with matrox bios 1.1 and also bios 1.4, without success. thank you
Working...
X