Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xfree86 G400 dualhead?

Hi,

About to add another 21" monitor to my setup, and looking for any tips that anyone would like to share from the "been there, done that" category regarding the dualhead support in the Xfree86 G400 driver.

Specfically, will I run into any problems, or is it pretty much a piece of cake through and through?

Thanks!

Hi!

It should be relatively easy. First, go to Matrox website and grab the binaries, mgadrivers-2.tgz (the binary driver) and mgapdesk-1_007beta_i386.rpm (Matrox Powerdesk). You'll need them in order to get dualhead working with a G400.

You'll find the binaries at:

Install them as per instructions and run "mgapdesk" as root in xterm as root. Using PowerDesk is as easy as in Windows =)

Oh, by the way, if you are using a non-english keyboard, PowerDesk puts commas instead of periods in your XFree86Config-4. This concerns especially values in modelines (eg my hsyncvalues are 50.0-160.0, after using Powerdesk they were 50,0-160,0). Correct this before you restartx X. In case you won't find them all, XFree spits out a debugging message telling you on which line the incorrect value is (it's handy, if your editor can go to given lines or shows on which line you are.

Hope this helps you. I am currently using a GF4 MX, so I cant post you a config =(

Cheers!

Cookiemonster

Comment

ummm.... I'm a n00b (well sorta) How do I install those buggers? (I'm doin the same thing) Oh ya I dunno if this matters but I'm not in linux. Im usin' Freebsd
      Last edited by Prototype3a; 31 October 2002, 20:48.
      -Prototype3a
      Asus A7V T-bird 950 Win2k pro
      Radeon 9000Pro 64mb SB-Live! 5.1 Adaptec 39160 Intel nic

Sorta missing my G400 Max :-\

Comment

Working...
      X