Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Guys!

Hi,
    I'm new to these forums but I was wondering if you guys could give me some advice as I' am interested in buying a Matrox Parhelia. This would be my First Matrox card, It's just something about Matrox I've always wanted one of their cards. I have heard variating reports of the cards performance which makes my choice more difficult so I was wondering if any of you had some good reasons or websites I could looks at some pic's etc. Oh and how does it perform in-game? as I will be using it for games as well as making websites and CAD etc.
    cheers
    Andy

Welcome aboard!

I've been perfectly happy with my Parhelia, as have most who have taken the time to use the card beyond running 3DMark on it.

I'd suggest looking in on another similar thread from just a few days ago:
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

From what I gather (I don't have the money unfortunately), Parhelia is a damn fine card. Fast enough for today's games at high resolutions with FAA on. FAA and TripleHead seem to be GREAT for gamers. There will be specialized "pro" drivers, I hear.

Be aware of a current issue with D3D apps (including games) producing corruptions. This is currently looked at by Matrox, and there should be an anwers next week. I suggest you wait until then!

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

So far, very happy with my P.
        I'm using it for Cad/Cam, Video editing and the odd game.
        It has robust drivers and as of yet I've had no problems with it whatsoever.
        Yeah, well I'm gonna build my own lunar space lander! With blackjack aaaaannd Hookers! Actually, forget the space lander, and the blackjack. Ahhhh forget the whole thing!

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply I will take your advice az but all seems cool so FAR!

Comment

Working...
          X