PRO-3dcard shootout, including the parhelia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRO-3dcard shootout, including the parhelia

With over 10170 full-service stores, our Alfalfa hay cattle feed pellet making production line with output 3tph inventory is extensive and our parts are Shandong Leader Machinery priced right. within 24 hours. This helps you maximize Chrome Steel material: your productivity by saving time and your hard-earned dollars.

the parhelia doesn´t seem to perform very well in this review.
    This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

That's an understatement, man. They took the Sun Dog out the back and shot it because it couldn't keep up with Anything.
    X

Copyright Leigh William Hardwick, 2002

Comment

In my testing, my Parhelia has been much faster than they say in the review.

Their results/my results:

3dmax-01: 3.63/6.54
      drv-08: 5.25/14.10
      dx-07: 27.33/35.22
      light-05: 2.81/6.71
      proe-01: 1.54/2.17

Didnt test UGS on my system yet...

Although the Parhelia is still well behind some of the cards in the review, in some cases my results are more than 2.5x faster than the results they have in their review.
      Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Oh, yeah.....Matrox still needs faster drivers, especially for Pro-E , but I really don't like the way that review painted the picture...

Comment

and those be old drivers...
          "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

ehh?
            the drivers are the most recent puplic drivers, AFAIK.

The Parhelia was used with the drivers 1.1.0.80.
            This sig is a shameless atempt to make my post look bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by Greebe
              and those be old drivers...
              Not fair to jest at us that way....

Comment

Ouch, it hurts to see that

I really don't understand how come the Parhelia is so slow compared to the other cards. Ok, the clock speed is a little lower, but it can't explain scoring that low, espescially with all its other impressive specs.
                Something is definitely wrong. I sure hope Matrox will find it and fix it VERY SOON!!

Comment

Hey I don't get it, after thinking about it, the results from this review seem awfully wrong.

Just compare them to this review:
                  La nuova revision di driver per scheda video Matrox Parhelia permette di ottenere un netto boost delle prestazioni velocistiche con API Open GL

(I think this comes originally from darkcrow.kr)

If you look at the first graph, you get the impression digit-life used old drivers. Then when you look at the second graph, the digit-life benchmarks seem completly wrong. Of course it could be the darkcrow review that's false, but something sure is fishy.

Comment

lol very odd. It's out of hand how some of these articles provide information thats so far off of what reality is and its finally becoming irritating. Granted I don't know much when it comes to the benchmarks they ran, but is it possible they didnt use the special driver matrox posted for CAD? Could be wrong but this would make alot of sense regarding those results.

Mike
                    Shuttle SN45G, 2 x 256 Megs of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 DDR Ram, 120 Gig Western Digital SE HD, 16x48x Liteon DVD-CDR Combo Drive, 128 Meg Retail Parhelia, nForce Soundstorm, Klipsch Promedia GMX

Comment

The results I posted above are with the Non-CAD driver...

Comment

Thanks K6-III, any idea which driver the article used? Also, do the CAD Drivers improve performance any? Just curious how much these factors would change the outlook of these benchmarks.

Thanks again,

Mike
                        Shuttle SN45G, 2 x 256 Megs of Geil Golden Dragon PC3200 DDR Ram, 120 Gig Western Digital SE HD, 16x48x Liteon DVD-CDR Combo Drive, 128 Meg Retail Parhelia, nForce Soundstorm, Klipsch Promedia GMX

Comment

The article claims to use 1.1.0.80, the same driver I'm using...

Comment

Sames results here :
                            i get really better score with a lower cpu speed (2.26Ghz) and DDR-SDRAM :

3d-max01: 7.87
                            drv-08: 17.97
                            dx-07: 42.75
                            light-05: 8.59
                            proe-01: 2.29

i send my result to:
                            mailto:kondalex@ixbt.com?Subject=Prof 3d cards

Comment

...yano, there's a marketing war out there, and it's not at all fair and aboveboard. There are many people and sites paid, sponsored or given goodies to shade or down-right falsify tests and reviews, or even drop in at MURC and dump shit. I view it all with suspect.

I know what I have and it is better than anything I've had before, so basta!
                              How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                              Who cares?

Comment

Working...
                              X