Can someone tell me what happened???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can someone tell me what happened???

The OS is doing some funky stuff. When I booted everything seemed normal except for the fact I couldn't get to my desktop. Then when I rebooted again I could get in but everything was different. When I opened a window it wouldn't appear on my task bar and I got a weird message. It had a timer counting down from 60 seconds. And said somethign like this.

"NT Authority\System has shutdown "Remote Procedure Call" (RPC) because it has unexpetedly terminated, your system will now restart."

It's something along the lines of this. Now all I get is half Windows Classic Desktop and half Windows XP Desktop (fisher price look), it's all screwed up and nothing will run.

This blows, I hate re-installing! It's so frustrating, it's like my system is using half of an old registry and half of the current one. Anything I try to run ends up not responding and explore.exe crashes after I login.

I'm gonna run some memory tests because I suspect that the new Micron ram I bought not too long a go has failed like the last one. Remember my PSU revenge thread?

I checked on th enet for a little info on this and it seems like I fell victim to a DoS attack. I was connected to the net at the time and I was using ZoneAlarm.

I don't have a clue what happened. And to make things worse, the DVD I was watching, Cast Away, has a big scratch I can't watch the ending. I'm at the part when he throws Wilson out of the cave.
    Titanium is the new bling!
    (you heard from me first!)

ARG!!!!!!!!

I hate you Micron!!!! You make shitty products, I hope all your systems have Mircon ram in them and I hope it corrupts all your data!!!!

Dammit. I had a feeling that it was my new stick of ram. Shit damn crap hell! Uhg.

I'm sick of constantly replacing my ram! It's not like it's motor oil! Dammit dammit dammit! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's sooooooooo frustrating!!!!! I just ram simmdoctor and it found the same error at the same test with that stupid micron ram. But alas it's too late, my system is already corrupt. The damage has been done and I need to start ALL over again.

One thing for sure is I'm never buying ram at THAT store again! And I'm not even going to bother returning it because they are only going to replace it with more crap!

That's 2 sticks of PC133 256mb modules that f*ck up on me. I think I might just send them those modules back to them with a letter expressing my disappointment in their crap! (I can't call it a 'product' because it's more like putting cow manure in my system than an actual working part!)

If you thought Mircron was a decent product.....think again!

Comment

Do not think that just because it has Micron mem chips on it, it is good. You bought generic mem that has Micron (bottom of the barrel crap) chips slapped on it.... see other thread.
      "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Yeah.

But it's still frustrating. I've lost some data I'll never get back though. I was posting out of rage.

Comment

...nothing like a little rage to cool things down...

But Greebe is right. There are some mobos that will take anything and like it, and others that will piss on everything in sight. I had an Asus P2B like that and went through all kinds of crap just like you. I ended up living with 256 and lumping it, until I got another board and made the P2B into a frisbee...
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

This reminds me that it is urgently time to backup
            My last is now awfully close to a year
            If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

Working...
            X