Santa Cruz resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Santa Cruz resources?

Well, I finally retired the old Live! (to be sent to the kid's machine), and replaced it with a Santa Cruz.

So, anyone know of any good resources for this card?
    I'd be especially interested in replacing the stock (enormous) mixer app (or a different skin for this one)...
    Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

GOOOOOOOOD luck.

Actually a good place to ask about this might be the 3D Sound Surge forums.

I haven't seen anything like what you're asking for go by though.

- Gurm
    The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
    If only life were as easy as you
    I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
    I would still get screwed

Comment

Regarding the mixer.. I don't know this card and its software, but wouldn't the standard windows mixer suffice?

My old Terratec Maestro 32/96 had one hell of a mixer/fader... never needed it though

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

See, the Santa Cruz has a hardware mixer. Their mixer controls run the hardware mixer. It's a GREAT mixer, but yes the applet is very bulky and ugly.

- Gurm
        The Internet - where men are men, women are men, and teenage girls are FBI agents!

I'm the least you could do
        I'm the least you could do, oh yeah
        I would still get screwed

Comment

Make sure to check out the 3DSoundSurge Cirrus Logic CS4630 forum, where you can post and look around. The most valuable Santa Cruz resource to date...

If you have any specific questions, ask "Roj", the resident Santa Cruz guru, who BTW uses Matrox vidcards exclusively...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

It is a great mixer. Does way more than the Creative Labs one did. But it's also more than twice the size.
            The standard windows mixer can be used for simple volume adjustments, but it doesn't do nearly what the Santa Cruz one does...most nobably the equalizer (which is really nice, but doesn't seem to process the line-in signal through it).
            Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Seeing as the line-in is done through the versajack, which does headphone out, center/sub out, and spdif out, as well as line-in, it would explain why the Santa Cruz custom control panel would be required...

Comment

I'm not doing line-in through the versa-jack (though I could), I'm using the line-in jack.

Comment

The versajack is amplified, so I suggest you use that instead....

BTW, congrats on getting the most musical consumer soundcard...

Comment

Well, I gave it a quick try through the versajack.
                    Still doesn't process through the Eq, and is noticably quieter than the line-in jack...

Comment

Oh well......haven't used that soundcard in a while....give 3Dsoundsurge a try....much better resource....

Last time I had the santa cruz was more than 2 years ago, on my K6-III+ 450@672mhz box....

Since then have used Hercules Game Theater XP, Philips PSC706 and PSC605...

Comment

Well, overall, I'm pretty impressed with the card.
                        Something I never thought I'd say about a Crystal based sound card.
                        The thing sounds great. Blows the Live! away for MP3s and DVDs.
                        Works fine in the few games I've tried so far (including a Bioware game, which supposedly don't work on this card).
                        It's nice to be away from all that Creative Labs bloatware.

The only complaints I have on the card are those I've already mentioned...HUGE mixer panel (with no apparent 3rd party mixer or skins available), and the fact that line-in doesn't get processed through the EQ. Otherwise, I'm happy with the purchace. My old live is now installed in the kid's machine...

Comment

Working...
                        X