Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia die measurements

Hi,
    I just wonder if any of the Oc's did check the exact size of the die. Aqua-computer has a cooler for GPU that has a 38mm square surface, and I would prefer using that. My first "measurements" are very weak and would size the die to be 42mm square.
    Can anyone prove or deny that?

Karsten

The DIE should be MUCH smaller

You're talking about the heat spreader or the entire chip including packaging, aren't you?

AZ
    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

The die SHOULD be much smaller or IS much smaller ? ;-)
      I don't want to destroy my parhelia...
      Maybe one of the BBz can say something to that..

Comment

The heat spreader on P is 40mm­­². You don't want to cool much less of an area, but 38mm² is just fine, go ahead a give it a whirl
        "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

A whirl? Go away ;-)
          It will be a watercooled system...

The only remaining problem is the mounting of the cooler. But maybe they will make a mounting-shablone for me.
          I really would like to know how far P can be overclocked, even if its not my first goal..

Comment

Give it a whirl means go for it!!! Doh
            "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

Oh great, then I will give it a whirl, of course... ;-)
              (Never heard that before..)

Comment

Hey yuppi, with the system you have, it seems like you can easily afford to test and burn quite a few Parhelias

Comment

Hey, I'm just a student ;-)
                  I need to have an eye on every cent I'm wasting..

Comment

Do they want to hire another student at the place your working?? I'm up for it

Seriously how can you afford 3 18"TFTs, a Parhlia, and 600GB of storage while being a student? or are you like a post-doc student??

Comment

As a student I'd say it all boils down to how much you go out as a student I could have afforded that kind of setup if I would have spent some of my savings... Though his 6 HDD's cost about the same as 1 -one- 18'' TFT so the question you should be asking is how he can afford those....
                      Of course the fact that the school money I pay is 40$ a semester does help too, and if I don't remember wrong it's mostly the same in germany too....

Cobos
                      My Specs
                      AMD XP 1800+, MSI KT3 Ultra1, Matrox G400 32MB DH, IBM 9ES UW SCSI, Plextor 32X SCSI, Plextor 8x/2x CDRW SCSI, Toshiba 4.8X DVD ROM IDE, IBM 30GB 75GXP, IBM 60GB 60GXP, 120GB Maxtor 540X, Tekram DC390F UW, Santa Cruz Soundcard, Eizo 17'' F56 and Eizo 21'' T965' Selfmodded case with 2 PSU's.

Comment

I started studying last year. But before I started to do so, I worked half a year fulltime as a administrator. That is where one of the 18"s come from ;-)
                        The rest of this setup is coming from a hardcore fulltime programming for 4 weeks and some of my savings. Atm I got 3 TFT, but one is going to be selled next time.
                        Also most of people think of very poor humans when they hear student, but there are people that have rich parents and are studying too ;-)
                        My current Setup has to last for 2years, except some small changes. When I upgrade I get components that I can use for many years. Thats why I took a Parhelia as this is what I call future-proof for a non-gamer.
                        Studying fee is 150EUR a year, what one might call close to nothing in comparison to US.

Comment

You guys are lucky!! I pay about 10 times that amount for university...guess I'm stuck with my celeron laptop!

Bah, soon I'll be a millionaire

Comment

Well, I don't pay much (108 EUR/semester), but I can't work while studying, and I don't get too much from the state.. a little from my parents, though

That Duron 750 will have to last for quite a while

AZ
                            There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Isn't it great that Europe is leftleaning!!!

Our studying fee here in sweden range from 50-100€ a year. And on top of that, if I happen to decide that I want to study in america the swedish gov will fund my studies. That's one of many reasons why taxes are so high over here. But if any americans want to study here they have to pay obscene amounts of money to do so, if they don't have a scholarship offcourse.

Comment

Working...
                              X