Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why don't they just listen when I tell them?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why don't they just listen when I tell them?

I stood RIGHT THERE and told my mother not to open the attatchment in the e-mail that she got from her friend with the subject "Hello,xxxxx, SOS". I said "That's a virus. Don't open it". I walked out for 5 seconds and came back in and she says "that wasn't a virus, I clicked it and it didn't do anything". Like it was going to make some sort of noise or pop up a flashing banner that says "YOU HAVE A VIRUS".

AHHHHHHHH!!!!! GRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Now I have her laptop here and I can't get Norton Antivirus 2002 to install on it. Has anyone dealt with this one yet? From the research I did on it, it is some virus from Malaysia (Bear-something but I can't find where I saw that now).

(The artist formerly known as Kindness!)

It's called Bugbear.

Try checking out the front page at Symantec.
    Think I saw some removal tool there for the thing.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

You got to tell your people that computers aren't like they are in the movies

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Thanks.

For anyone that may need it, here is the tool to remove it.

Symantec security research centers around the world provide unparalleled analysis of and protection from IT security threats that include malware, security risks, vulnerabilities, and spam.

Comment

You can also try AVG antivirus...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Re: Why don't they just listen when I tell them?

Originally posted by Pneumatic
            I walked out for 5 seconds and came back in and she says "that wasn't a virus, I clicked it and it didn't do anything".
            Sometimes you have to make mistakes to be able to learn.
            Titanium is the new bling!
            (you heard from me first!)

Comment

But has she learned? I mean she didn't SEE the virus, did she?

AZ

Comment

Tell her tough shit.. she just ruined her computer. Sorry, outta luck. Didn't she ever make you live with one of your mistakes?

Comment

Hey, that way he could gain a nice notebook j/k

AZ

Comment

hehe Don't think I didn't think about telling her it was beyond repair and I should just keep it around for parts.

I guess she was just getting me back for all the times she told me not to do something only to turn her back and have me do it anyway.

It's the "Big Red Button" effect. Tell someone not to and they will.

Comment

just to let everyone know, I didn't press the red button!

Comment

Pneumatic, you're lucky you found out. This virus attempts to read credit card numbers, passwords, etc. and sends them somewhere!

AZ

Comment

I've already cleaned two computers from that virus and I'm sure it will be more
                          If there's artificial intelligence, there's bound to be some artificial stupidity.

Jeremy Clarkson "806 brake horsepower..and that on that limp wrist faerie liquid the Americans call petrol, if you run it on the more explosive jungle juice we have in Europe you'd be getting 850 brake horsepower..."

Comment

It's really spreading fast!

over 14% of european PCs are already infected.

AZ

Comment

my main experiance has been keeping these things from getting to my system... but never had to deal with geting them out ....
                              "They say that dreams are real only as long as they last. Couldn't you say the same thing about life?"

Comment

Working...
                              X