Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BAD parhelia image problems, reputation damaging!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BAD parhelia image problems, reputation damaging!

this is from the matrox forum

i was wondering if anyone here has been having similar experiences.

The topic is
    horizontal disturbs in video signal in 3d mode

thats a big deal!
    -----------------------------------
    WHATS A JAVA?

Yeah - I get that as well.

It's a problem for me as I sometime run a game like UT in a window whilst chatting in IRC at the same time.

Hurts the old eyes aftera a while. At least they have acknowledged it and are looking into it. I really hope they can fix this via a driver or BIOS update
    "I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours." - Stephen Roberts

µße®LørÐ - A legend in his underwear
    Member of For F*ck Sake UT clan
    DriverHeaven administrator
    PowerVR Network administrator

Comment

Ouch.
      "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Comment

From what I read on the matrox forums it seems they released
        the card knowing about the problem and don't really care to fix it..
        just complain, get a refund.. buy a 9000pro it's twice as fast
        and has real GL support.. and you still will have some money left over!

Comment

...'n who do you work for, or get goodies from?
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

buy a 9000pro it's twice as fast
            not on the planet i live on.
            no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Have this problem as well....very noticable on the DX-07 test in SPEC Viewperf 7.0 with VSync disabled...
              Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

a post...

Hi agiovanni
                We are aware of banding artifacts when intensive 3D applications are run
                in a window with a bright background.

It may get addressed in future generations of our product.

FUTURE GENERATIONS!!

Also, I thought I remembered reading a post that said the official stance from matrox is that this is normal behavior. I think they deleted that post, I dont know what this means exactly.

Anyway, does anyone have a card that does not exhibit this behavior? I was saving up for a Parhelia but this definitely makes it out of the question , heres wishin it gets fixed...
                WHATS A JAVA?

Comment

the post wasn't deleted. at least they are honest about it, which of course doesn't help those who already bought a parhelia, but still. i think this is "by design" and every parhelia suffers from this.
                  no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Maybe you can return your old, faulty card and get a new one?
                    Specs:
                    MSI 745 Ultra :: AMD Athlon XP 2000+ :: 1024 MB PC-266 DDR-RAM :: HIS Radeon 9700 (Catalyst 3.1) :: Creative Soundblaster Live! 1024 :: Pioneer DVD-106S :: Western Digital WD800BB :: IBM IC35L040AVVN07

Comment

...maybe look at things in proportion? How much will this come up in the everyday life of a Parhelia, and how big a deal is it?
                      How can you possibly take anything seriously?
                      Who cares?

Comment

Maybe we should all wait and see how this turns out?

I believe having read something that this will be fixed within the next two drivers..

AZ
                        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

I think they deleted that post, I dont know what this means exactly.

If that is true, it wouldn't make sense to leave that thread running

I believe having read something that this will be fixed within the next two drivers..

Not really. Last 2 posts of that thread explains where we are currently at with this issue.

Comment

Thanks HAIG, looking forward to resolution of this issue...
                            Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Agh damn, I thought this was a problem with my setup only, maybe some cables or something, now I see its well known and no fix is coming in foreseable future

BTW, it happens in windowed and non-windowd 3d using applications. One of later games which are afflicted by it a lot is NOLF2 with all its bright backgrounds.

This is terrible, I hope there is some kind od fix coming, cannot understand that any company could brand that as "normal behaviour" - if it was normal it should be put on box in bright red letters so people know before buying

Very disapointed here.
                              Last edited by luni; 6 October 2002, 05:30.

Comment

Working...
                              X