Other Parhellia's??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Parhellia's??

Now, there were supposed to be 3 version of the Parhellia. 64mb, 128mb and 256mb. Where are they!?

Needs to go to Crystal Ball....
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Nothing has been announced yet on the other models.
      So yes, that makes this a Crystal Ball topic...so that's where it can now be found...
      Core2 Duo E7500 2.93, Asus P5Q Pro Turbo, 4gig 1066 DDR2, 1gig Asus ENGTS250, SB X-Fi Gamer ,WD Caviar Black 1tb, Plextor PX-880SA, Dual Samsung 2494s

Comment

Somebody knows where they are..............

this is my uneducated rambling on it.......please don't get mad (at me)

256......why make a version with more memory when the 128 version isn't memory limited??? for pro users maybe, but most regular users wouldn't probably see any difference. if the core had clocked in higher at launch and it surpassed the memory bandwidth even if by the smallest margin there would have been some hype for a 256 probably....

64.. I'd buy it tomorrow if it were cheap enough .. say under $175 but that s probably not going to happen
        P4 1.6A @ 2.24 ghz
        MSI 645 Ultra
        256 Samsung PC 2700 DDR
        Matrox Marvel G200
        etc...
        ect....

Comment

I think it makes more sense to make the 256mb version in AGP Pro. Then you can make it a dual height card and boost the voltage so you can ramp up the core clockspeed to 300mhz or thereabouts and make it truly competitive as a pro card. With the pro drivers that Matrox is now coming out with, it'd be perfect...
          Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Right K6-III ...

I heard that 256 MB version has 250~300 MHz core clock .... this will be launched in Jan, 2003 maybe...
            Intel Pentium IV 2.4B@3.0GHz
            ALPHA 8942 Cooler
            Gigabyte 8PE667Pro (845PE)
            Kingmax PC-2700 512MB DDR + Thermaltake Heatsink
            IMB Deskstar 120GXP 80GB 7200 rpm
            Seagate Baracuda IV 40GB 7200 rpm
            Matrox Parhelia 128MB Retail 235/615
            Philips 107P NF
            Netgear FA301TX + Intel Pro 100/VE bridged connection
            Liteon 40X/12X/48X CDRW
            Seasonic 300W Silence
            Windows XP Professional Eng.

Comment

ohloveme, where did you get that information?

AZ
              There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

az, there's information flying.... you need to just know how to grab it...

I am not saying that ohloveme would be right or even partially right, I just say that Matrox has not given up yet.
                "Dippadai"

Comment

Nappe, you don't seem to post here very much anymore.. may I ask why?

And would I be very wrong to think the flying information you referred to came from people who have a Matrox-"m" standing up as their sign?

AZ

Comment

I'm getting more and more dissapointed by the week. The longer I wait for these new Parhellia's... the more I think of the phrase "too little too late". No, I don't need 256mb ram on my vid card right now. Hell, I've got only 32 on my G550 now and it's enough space. I'm looking for the higher clock speeds and/or some price drops in the 128mb version.

I don't like nvidia, I am not following the NV30 very much. I don't know exactly when that's supposed to be out. But I think that each day that goes by that we don't have the high end version of the Parhellia, the more people that are going to drop cash for the NV30 and not the Parhellia.

I'm waiting for the 256mb version. *sigh* Hopefully the, supposed, higher clock speeds will be a bit to drool over... but it would also be nice if it would drop the price of the 128mb version. The waiting game sucks... but if they don't come out with something soon... the money that I saved is probably going into something nice for the car. Maybe towards some new rims or a new paint job. Something that I can enjoy sooner.

Comment

At rma.matrox.com, matrox lists already the Partnumbers ph-a256b, ph-a256 and ph-64b.
                      System:
                      P III-S 1.4@1.52
                      512 MB SDR-Ram
                      Gigabyte-6IEML
                      Matrox Parhelia

Comment

Originally posted by az
                        Nappe, you don't seem to post here very much anymore.. may I ask why?

And would I be very wrong to think the flying information you referred to came from people who have a Matrox-"m" standing up as their sign?

AZ
                        My sources are always anonymous. (and yes, it is sources. I still like to make more than one cross check.)
                        and Why I am not posting so much anymore?? well, better wait and see than burn your fingers...

Though, this time I am really excited because in january I have the money to turn back as Real MURCer. I just don't know yet which packaging my upcoming parhelia chip will be using...

Say good bye Dorothy, because this AIW Radeon is going to go bye bye...
                        "Dippadai"

Comment

I wouldn't have expected you to disclose your sources

I hope your hints turn out to be real

AZ

Comment

Nappe, what do you mean by "I just don't know yet which packaging my upcoming parhelia chip will be using... " ?
                            Let those who want to be simple, be simple.

Comment

hmmm m256b you say? interesting.
                              no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

Working...
                              X