Free Music Online (and legally too!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Music Online (and legally too!)

According to an article on the Register, Peter Gabriel (presumably the same Peter Gabriel of ex-Genesis and solo artiste fame) has a company called OD2, which is offering DRM-protected music on its site Digital Download Today and giving UK users a free £5 credit to start with

Said site is currently down with chronic overload, but the Register article lists the tarrif as :
    ...streaming one of 100,000 tracks for 1p, downloading one for 10p, or burning one to CD for £1.
    I'm not sure if thats £1 a track or £1 a CD. Probably £1 a track.

It seems a very shrewd move to me. You can listen to the track to see if you like it and download it to your personal PC for next to nothing.
    But when you want to burn a CD which costs £1 a track, your typical 12-15 track CD is going to cost about as much as it does in the shop, except you supply the blank CD, the labels and all the hardware to do it.
    Athlon XP-64/3200, 1gb PC3200, 512mb Radeon X1950Pro AGP, Dell 2005fwp, Logitech G5, IBM model M.

Read about this in Metro (crappy free newspaper on the tube) - apparently there are mirrors, and it is all a time-limited publicity stunt (ever the cynic )
    DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Peter Gabriel was always fast when it came to new media. IIRC, he was also the first musician (or even artist?) to publish a CD-ROM. I think it's called Xplora.

AZ
      There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

Working...
      X