Beware www.scancom.co.uk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware www.scancom.co.uk

I've ordered a Bluetooth USB dongle from these people to connect my iPAQ H3970 to my PC.

Here's the advert (Working in offline mode is a wonderful thing!)

----------------

*Edit* I couldn't format the advert properly.
    So here's the link. Not it is STILL showing as being in stock.

----------------

When I clicked on buy, i was horrified to find that random other bits and bobs had been added to my shopping cart. It was a total of over £360!

I foolishly decided to proceed and so painstakingly removed all of the crap from my shopping basket and then ordered the donlge.

Here is a copy of the email I received today. Please note the CC box.

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 03 October 2002 12:32
    To: 'patrick.bushe@ntlworld.com'
    Cc: 'peterb@EDIT'; 'mchu5pwp@edit'; 'grahame@EDIT'; 'phil.bevan@edit'
    Subject:

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent purchase with SCANCOM. Unfortunately your order is
    not in the stock at the moment, which we are expecting to come within two
    days.
    We will process your order as soon as we will get the stock in. I regret for
    the delay in your order.

Regards

Rachna

----------------

I have edited the email addys in the CC box.

Last edited by Paddy; 4 October 2002, 05:24.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

I replied:

Dear Rachna,

I must say that I am somewhat not satisfied with the level of customer service that I have received from your company to date.

When I ordered the item below (MSI Bluetooth USB Dongle) it was clearly showing as being in stock. In fact your website, which has been updated after this email was sent, is STILL showing it as being in stock.

When I tried to purchase the item, no less than £360 pounds worth of hardware/software had been added automatically into my shopping basket, which I had to painstakingly delete in order to proceed.

I have now received this email from your self and once again I have been astounded by your total lack of professionalism. This rather generic email has clearly been sent to your customers who purchased the item on your 24hour page. This is a clear violation of the data protection act as I have expressly declared that I do not wish you to pass my contact details to third parties.

Please would you either dispatch my item today, or cancel my order and refund my account.
    I am fully prepared to take this matter further.
    The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Sounds like they are trying to pass off as scan.co.uk as well

edit: OK - maybe not. they are communications stuff rather than computer stuff. my mistake.
      Last edited by GNEP; 4 October 2002, 06:00.
      DM says: Crunch with Matrox Users@ClimatePrediction.net

Comment

Same company tho.

Comment

Ah - suspected so. Scan (for computer stuff) I have found OK in the past. And some good prices too.

Still, it's all a far cry from the days when ordering a computer game through the post from one of the ads at the back of a computer mag took 28 days - if you were lucky.

Keep on their backs Paddy - hopefully they will realise that it's quite serious and actually do something about it.

gnep

Comment

I copied the email that i sent to all the poeple in the CC box.

I have now received three emails from people, all echoing my concern. I am not sure what I have started here, but this be fightin' talk!

Comment

Cool

Comment

hehe
                "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

"Always do good. It will gratify some and astonish the rest." ~Mark Twain

Comment

----------

Sent: 04 October 2002 14:24
                  To: patrick.bushe@ntlworld.com; Rachana@scancom.co.uk
                  Cc: peterb@EDIT; grahame@EDIT; phil.bevan@EDIT
                  Subject: RE: MSI bluetooth USB dongle

Rachana

I would like to echo Patrick's concern regarding this item not being in stock. I was under the impression I would recieve the item within 24 hrs and am disappointed that this will not be the case.

What is the current situation regarding delivery of this item?

I have also received a number of mails regarding you gonein24 offers - i did not sign up for this or was not informed in the purchase process that i would recieve such mails. Could i be removed from this and any other generic mailing list immediately. Also i would like you to amend you ordering process to prevent this happening again.

Comment

AZ
                    There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

no response as yet...

Comment

Working...
                      X