X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fanless P4 ?

Looks interesting: http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...ator/index.asp
    "That's right fool! Now I'm a flying talking donkey!"

P4 2.66, 512 mb PC2700, ATI Radeon 9000, Seagate Barracude IV 80 gb, Acer Al 732 17" TFT

Interesting??

That looks like the answer to my prayers. I'm seriously considering switching to Intel, cause I want my next system to be as quiet as possible, and it seems P4's can be cooled with much less noise than XP's. If that thing really works (and works well) you should be able to keep the noise level of your PC under 20 db with the right power supply!

Can't wait to see what the reviews say.
    If a kid asks where rain comes from, I think a cute thing to tell him is "God is crying." And if he asks why God is crying, another cute thing to tell him is "Probably because of something you did."

Comment

I'm sure this thing works well, you just have to see how Dell cool its P4 sytems. There is a BIG heatsink with thin fins on the P4, no fan attached to it. This heatsink is enclosed into a plastic case and there is a 12cm fan at the back of the case (in the plastic case too) blowing hot air out. This fan is variable and is usualy quiet (you can't hear it).
      System : ASUS A8N SLI premium, Athlon 64X2 3800+, 2Gb, T7K500 320Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb SATAII, T7K250 250Gb ATA133, Nec ND-3520, Plextor PX130A, SB Audigy 2, Sapphire Radeon X800 GTO, 24" Dell 2407WFP.

Comment

Anyone interested in a FANLESS (including PSU) P4 system (although very expensive)?

AZ
        There's an Opera in my macbook.

Comment

...you mean fish tank?
          How can you possibly take anything seriously?
          Who cares?

Comment

Dont see why a P4 Alpha or Swiftech shouldnt be able to run a P4 with no fan attached. Also a Zalman.

OCZ are just the first to plainly state that option IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by PAugustin
              I'm sure this thing works well, you just have to see how Dell cool its P4 sytems. There is a BIG heatsink with thin fins on the P4, no fan attached to it. This heatsink is enclosed into a plastic case and there is a 12cm fan at the back of the case (in the plastic case too) blowing hot air out. This fan is variable and is usualy quiet (you can't hear it).
              And there's never any heat problems with that setup either, I know that for a fact! (unless the heat sink has not been seated properly and in that case the cpu will fry even though it's not supposed to! I've seen it!)
              Titanium is the new bling!
              (you heard from me first!)

Comment

...hey luni, look what I found...

Attached Files
                Who cares?

Comment

I would think that a hybrid Cu-Al heatsink would be much better for a fanless solution....
                  Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mutz
                    ...hey luni, look what I found...

Hehe, that's hilarious!
                    Titanium is the new bling!
                    (you heard from me first!)

Comment

No Mutz, I mean entirely heatpipe cooled.

AZ

Comment

fanless ANYTHING gets my vote!
                        no matrox, no matroxusers.

Comment

...aaHA!
                          Who cares?

Comment

I saw some advertisements by a German company for completely passive-convection cooled P4 solutions a couple of months back, which used big heatsinks which had heatpipes connected to the 19" casing with fins on the back to dissipate the heat better.

Really funky looking boxes. I forgot the name of the company though. AZ, this is the thing you are talking about?

They also were really expensive afaicr

Comment

Almost

There are two different PCs I know of:

1: The SID FutureClient from Signum Data. It's a compact, shiny desktop, which means it's expensive and cannot be upgraded all too easily (though easier than a notebook).

Pic Pic Pic Pic

2: The Silentium! from Deltatronic (Crappy german site only). It's a modified CS601 Tower System, where the right case side (when you look at it from the front) is a heat spreader for the heatpipes. Can contain P4s up to 2.53 GHz and graphics cards up to a GF4 Ti4600. Fanless PSU, heatpipe graphics card and CPU cooler, HDD cage. You can get a complete PC, or just the case, PSU, HDD cage set. It's expensive, but not as expensive as the FutureClient.

Click on the links for pics.

AZ

[EDIT: Some minor mistakes]
                              Last edited by az; 3 October 2002, 15:50.

Comment

Working...
                              X