NTHell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NTHell

Any other NTL cable modem customers out there that have had line faults? Mine's been down for over a week, took me over 3 days to actually get through to them on the phone to report it. They did a line test and found the signal strength to be 1/10 of normal. They said an engineer would have to come out but couldn't give me a date or even a rough idea of when

Go ADSL. Here it's 2-4 times faster and costs 5-10€ more than cable. No crappy signal due to multiple users on teh network as well.

Inital costs are high due to our monopolistic Telecom. (M*cros*ft is nice altruistic company compared to them.) You have to buy ISDN since "Technically superiour ISDN enables upgraded performance." before going ADSL so those two together cost ~300€. Costs ~38€/Mo afterwards.
    Last edited by UtwigMU; 3 October 2002, 06:22.

Comment

Over the last 2 years we have had one outage on NTL broadband that lasted a couple of hours but nothing else.

Dave
      Don't make me angry...

Comment

You've been unlucky. I have generally been of the opinion lately that their customer service has improved. Once it took just 2.5 hours from ringing to having my s.t.b. replaced! When the storms fried my cable modem, it took a little longer to convince them, but once a call was logged, it was essentially at my convenience.

Good luck Ant.

Tony.
        FT.

Comment

Finally got it fixed after 8 days. Took another 65 minutes on the phone yesterday to find out that silly me I should have booked an engineer even though when I reported the fault they told me they would do all of that and an engineer wouldn't even have to come into the house.

Comment

I've spent all day trying to get through on their dialup.
            The Welsh support two teams when it comes to rugby. Wales of course, and anyone else playing England

Comment

Just picked up a message on the answer machine from NTL saying they are coming out between 4 and 6 today to fix my line fault. I ain't gonna ring them and spend another 60 minutes on hold just to tell them they've alreay been and fixed it

Comment

revenge is sweet
                FT.

Comment

Don't make me angry...

Comment

Working...
                  X