X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VideoTools problems (again...)

Sorry, clicked submit accidentally.
    Anyway:
    Today I decided to try an earlier version of VideoTools 2.02e ... it proved to be very unstable with my setup, so tried to go back to v2.04 leaked beta with MJPEG which flawlessly worked for me for about 3 months .... how stupid that was.
    Now v2.04 gives me the old "Installer was interrupted before in could continue ..." yada, yada, yada ... WHY??
    I've uninstalled everything, cleaned with powerdesk uninstaller and reinstalled numerous times - all to no avail ....

I have tried the WISE VT setup, but it lacks MJPEG AND YUY2 in PC-VCR. I can't capture YUY2 with virtualdub because of the dropped frames and AVI_IO can't see YUY2 at all (YUY2 radio button is simply hidden in the video format dialog) What's weird, YUY2 capture with PC-VCR is flawless ... go figure.

Ideas on how to:
    a) make VT 2.04 leaked to install again,
    b) make AV_IO see YUY2

are greately appreciated ...

Setup:
    ASUS P4S333, P4@1.8/478, 512MB PC2100, G400DH + RR-G, SBLive!, Promise RocketRAID100, 3C905B-TX, AHA-29160, System drive: IBM DPSS 18GB U160, capture drives: 2x IBM 120GXP 60GB in RAID0

Thanks
    Yuriy

HELP! why the setup fails?

Which OS? The Marvel G400 - TV works best with Win98.

I have used Win2k and WinXP, however, I have never had satisfactory results either because of one thing or the other.

In my opinion Win98SE gives the best results with AVI_IO and the Dutchman's patch for YUY2.

Regards,

Debbie
    We pass this way only once. Make the most of it !

Comment

Try a program called freevcr, I can use the yuy2 (if it's available) and it can segment files as it captures.

Comment

Working...
      X