Parhelia + freezes in OpenGl games.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parhelia + freezes in OpenGl games.

The problem, I get freezes in all OpenGl games that I try with my Parhelia.

I already tried different settings (FAA on/off, no gigacolor on/off, ansio was always off). I already reinstalled Win2k 2 times. But I keep getting the same problems (old and new drivers).

- Medal of honor allied assault: sometimes I get a freeze after a few seconds, sometime after a few minutes (the longest time I could run MOHAA was about 3 minutes).

- Return to castle wolfenstein: sometimes I get a freeze after 5 minutes (very annoying when playing online) but sometimes I can play one hour without any problem.

-Serious Sam 2: sometime I get freezes after a few minutes and sometimes I can play it one hour long without any problem.

-Star Trek Elite force: same problems.

I also ran some OpenGL benchmark, and I already had two freezes in Vulpine GLMark but no freezes yet in the other benchmarks (GL Excess and DroneZmarK). But GL Excess gives me an error when the benchmark finishes (c0000005 at address 08AD6D81 (wglGetDefaultProcAddress)).

All Directx games are running fine I can run the reefdemo for hours without a problem, ut2003 no problems, etc.

I only installed the AGP sis driver (v1.10) for my K7S5A (had to buy another motherboard because the Parhelia refused to work with my KT7A ((http://forum.matrox.com/mgaforum/For...ML/009563.html) I'm still in contact with Abit tech support about this problem).
    Do I still need to install another driver?

Any suggestings are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by KeiFront; 2 October 2002, 11:29.
    Main: Dual Xeon LV2.4Ghz@3.1Ghz | 3X21" | NVidia 6800 | 2Gb DDR | SCSI
    Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI
    Third: Apple G4 450Mhz | 21" Monitor | Radeon 8500 | 1,5Gb SDRAM | SCSI

What PSU are you running????

Have you tried the new SIS AGP driver 1.12???
    Let us return to the moon, to stay!!!

Comment

did you clean out any old drivers of other videocards? this often seems to be the problem.

Comment

430W PSU

I already tried the SIS AGP 1.11 driver, but I never saw a 1.12 driver I could give it a try if I find it.

P5ycho it was a clean install only the Parhelia and a Acoustic edge are installed no other devices.
        Second: Dual PIII 1GHz | 21" Monitor | G200MMS + Quadro 2 Pro | 512MB ECC SDRAM | SCSI

Comment

Here's a link to the 1.12 SIS AGP driver....

Comment

I just tried the 1.12 SIS AGP driver (altough it's an unoffical beta driver), but I still get freezes.

Comment

Try adding cooling to the GPU....my suggestion is to replace the pad under the heatsink with thermal paste...

Comment

I'm writing again a thread on the matrox forum.

I guess cooling is no problem I can run directx games for hours. And i'm not going to void my warranty to try to fix a maybe broken card.

Comment

Hi!

Have you tried changing the agp aperature size?

I also had problems with freezing in 3d apps with my Parhelia/new system. (ex. IG3 demo freezing after 20-30 seconds, warcraft 3 freezing after 5-60 minutes...)

Changing agp aperature size from 64 to 128 mb solved my problem...

regards,
                  Sheep

Comment

I will give it a try Sheep, at the moment I'm reinstalling windows again . After another freeze my windows refused to start.

Comment

I think I solved the freezes, I could run MOHAA for 15 minutes without a freeze. Gotta leave now (enjoying a week vacation) will report back within a week .

Comment

Working...
                      X